Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather No Longer Convinced That Golovkin Beats Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    I think this is very accurate.

I think Lil g and his peeps didn't want any part of finding out how Gennady would do at 155 even though they've been selling wolf tickets for 3 years about how they could do it there.

And I don't think GBP and Kid Cinnamon wanted his first getdown at 160 to be against the guy who is supposed to be the best middle in the world.

The problem for Gennady is that Canelo is holding the money bag...and the time clock.

Loeffler and K2 overplayed their hand. They thought they could bluff their way to the pot with just a pair of deuces.

Now they have to wait and see if Canelo will throw them a bone.

A Canelo who will be more popular than ever if he beats the son of the legend.

and there it is.....

couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

I was never convinced. Canelo's drama overshadows his exceptional ability as a boxer.
      He struggles against guys who move a lot because he's not a hunter. Against someone like Golovkin, it's almost a tailor made matchup for him. The only wild card for Canelo is Golovkin's power.

For Golovkin, this is 2nd most difficult matchup stylistically. He's an excellent counter puncher, and his pressure game revolves around his counterpunching ability. Fighting someone 10 years younger who is probably a better and faster counterpuncher is a nightmarish matchup for Golovkin. He would need to establish and dominate with his jab, and mostly utilize his power shots when Canelo comes out from his shell and tries to counter the jabs.

Styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        nah, that is just your "cool story bro", because.....

1) lil'G could have negotiated on the weight, like he promised

2) lil'G could simply call Canelo's bluff and take the HUGE fortune that Canelo offered him..... much better fighters have accepted much less
        Canelo never gave GGG a chance to negotiate on weight. We all know why that was, even you, if you are honest.

And you haven't a clue what Oscar's "offer" was. Except that it had a date 14 months down the line from the time it was made.

Canelo and Oscar need to shut up about Golovkin till they are ready to fight him NEXT. Actions speak louder than words, and Canelo handing over his belt to Golovkin instead of fighting him makes all Oscar's spiel redundant. Real fans know what's what.

Comment

Only the five GGG trolls and haters in the whole world are commenting. I laugh at their crap.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMSchneider View Post
            Only the five GGG trolls and haters in the whole world are commenting. I laugh at their crap.
            the others posting are the g string ball gaggers (like you) who want everyone to believe he as an Hofer and an ATG without ever fighting even one quality opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
              I agree with the weight being an issue and 155 being the big hurdle. However Golovkin had every right to refuse the catch-weight as he was the mandatory challenger.
              Am pretty sure another issue would be the re-hydration clause for the IBF title (10% i think) on fight night I think. Canelo may of come up short if that was the case.
              The ibf rehydration weighin is like 10 hours before the fight so it will still give both fighters plenty of time to rehydrate and add water...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                And what happened to Brook? Landed some punches, got his face broken and stopped in 4 rds. If that is the blueprint for success, don't expect much success.
                Brook is a welterweight, people expected him to take a beating, we all knew the dif in power was too much... only the golovkids hyped this mismatch... in fact i expected golovking to put brook to sleep but it didnt happen..

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  Brook is a welterweight, people expected him to take a beating, we all knew the dif in power was too much... only the golovkids hyped this mismatch... in fact i expected golovking to put brook to sleep but it didnt happen..
                  Because Brook's corner threw in the towel?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    I was never convinced. Canelo's drama overshadows his exceptional ability as a boxer.
                    He struggles against guys who move a lot because he's not a hunter. Against someone like Golovkin, it's almost a tailor made matchup for him. The only wild card for Canelo is Golovkin's power.

For Golovkin, this is 2nd most difficult matchup stylistically. He's an excellent counter puncher, and his pressure game revolves around his counterpunching ability. Fighting someone 10 years younger who is probably a better and faster counterpuncher is a nightmarish matchup for Golovkin. He would need to establish and dominate with his jab, and mostly utilize his power shots when Canelo comes out from his shell and tries to counter the jabs.

Styles make fights.
                    Great post... i agree on almost everything...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                      Because Brook's corner threw in the towel?
                      Yes, i posted already, brook took a beating like he was supossed to.. i just expected a different end on this mismatch, but that doesnt take away the beating...

Comment

Working...
                      X