No announcement yet.

Cotto-The most protected fighter in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great Afrikan View Post
    Cotto is a decent fighter, nowhere near great. He's slightly above Hatton's level...good against quality opponents but always underachieves against elite fighters.

But, he did beat Shane Mosley so....i don't know.
    No, correction. The judges gave the decision to the hometown fighter. He did NOT beat Shane. Fellow Rican ref Benji Estevez stopped the action for a "spill" on the canvas when it was apparent that Shane was close to koing Miguelito. But then when Shane slipped Benji didn't even bother to wipe the canvas the same way he did for Miguelito. What a disgrace that evening was. I had Shane winning 8 rounds to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by El 7 Mares V.2 View Post
      Early in his career, meaning 140 and the start of his move to 147. Quintana soft oponent, Urkal... do I really need to say anything about this guy? Judah...over achiever and fragile, Mosley about the same size bulk as Cotto, big name and presented a true challenge although Shane was not seen as a destructive fighter anymore, more of an older declining fighter that could present Cotto a test and raise his stock way up high if he won, which he did marginally.
      SSM destroyed Margarito, so he was still destructive after the Cotto fight. So to say SSM was not destructive anymore is false. Cotto fought the best and only has " two loses." I think that is pretty impressive.

Comment

lets play a little game

cotto 147

Comment

mayweather 147

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Vato View Post
            Good post Carnal! I agree 110%. I've said all along that Cotto is without a doubt the most vastly overrated / protected fighter of his time. It's funny how he has no problem fighting for vacant titles but when asked about a rematch with his papi Margarito, he shows his true colors and turns into a pinche cabron. Retire now Miguelito before the Tijuana Tornado comes and knocks down your front door in Caguas.
            Can't wait to see the supposed tornado back. If I remember correctly looked more like a mild tropical storm in his last outing. Margarito will be back and prove what he really is, a C level fighter with what used to be a good chin trying to salvage a ruined and tainted career.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Johnson View Post
              Anybody else think the TS is a dumbass?

Comment

[QUOTE=Castenada Jr.;7266051]i like you my friend! Search for "bronco" in the lounge and hit up the denver bronco fan page! We been at it for 2 years strong!!!

Next year is our year! Our ******ed coach had his head up his ass this year![/QUOTE]

Just like you when you are watching boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Vato View Post
                  No, correction. The judges gave the decision to the hometown fighter. He did NOT beat Shane. Fellow Rican ref Benji Estevez stopped the action for a "spill" on the canvas when it was apparent that Shane was close to koing Miguelito. But then when Shane slipped Benji didn't even bother to wipe the canvas the same way he did for Miguelito. What a disgrace that evening was. I had Shane winning 8 rounds to 4.
                  Many people not just Cotto fans had Cotto winning a close fight. 8-4 in favor of Mosely is just hating on Cotto, which is obviousy what your all about. The fight was close no matter who you were favoring.

Comment

I don't think I'd say Cotto is protected, but one thing that we do know is he's never fought two elite fighters back to back until Clottey and Pacquiao. I think that ultimately hurt him when he had to finally fight someone who could take his punch and spit back in his face. What I mean is we'd see a pattern of Alfonzo Gomez to Antonio Margarito. Michael Jennings and then back up the food chain. I don't know if that hurt or helped him. And he does anything that Top Rank tells him to regardless of whether or not it's in his best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Castenada Jr. View Post
                      What a sham Arum has put on with Cotto. Cotto owns Arum his kids! It amazes me that cotto still is YET TO BEAT A CHAMPION!! The only time he's EVER won a championship is when it was vacant and against some nobody. He got ko'd and showed no heart against margarito and he got ko'd and showed no heart against pacman. He wanted out of the ring against margarito and even more against pacman. Now he's going to fight yuri foreman at 154!! what a joke. This guy is the most protected fighter in the sport. If Cotto wasnt with Arum who is as good as it gets making fighters cotto would be just another fighter.
                      Your a fool.

Comment

Working...
                      X