Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 151 Cancelled.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the problem with this thread is that some people will support Jones no matter what and will just make up a new argument for any situation.

If he was offered a really tough fight, they'd say you can't expect him to change opponent's at 9 days notice for such a hard fight.

But because he was offered someone from a lower division coming off of a loss, they say Sonnen doesn't deserve a shot and so it's ok for Jones to turn it down. What's funny is that Jones' camp even disagrees with them, because they rejected Sonnen because of him being too difficult, not because it'd be too easy.

Considering this incident and the way he avoided the Rashad fight for as long as possible, it has to raise eyebrows. He beat Rashad and he would've beaten Sonnen, but I guess maybe there's a mental weakness there or something.

People can say what they like, reality is that a lot of fighters in his position would've accepted the fight, and several fighters have accepted short notice fights in the past. As Bisping pointed out, he fought Chael with 9 days notice, yet Jones won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      Here's an article on it. For clarity, he didn't offer to fight Jones, but he offered to fight another opponent at 205.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-151...9343--mma.html

Yeah, I interpret that as "Jones isnt fighting...so Ill fight any other light heavy since i cant make middle."

Comment

Jones goes quack, quack, quack.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          Tito took the Evans fight recently on 10 days notice but he was a true champion,not a ego driven brat in a very overrated lhw division full of old guys.
          True, but he still ducked Chuck Lidell when he was champ and didn't fight him until Chuck was champ..

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I think the problem with this thread is that some people will support Jones no matter what and will just make up a new argument for any situation.

If he was offered a really tough fight, they'd say you can't expect him to change opponent's at 9 days notice for such a hard fight.

But because he was offered someone from a lower division coming off of a loss, they say Sonnen doesn't deserve a shot and so it's ok for Jones to turn it down. What's funny is that Jones' camp even disagrees with them, because they rejected Sonnen because of him being too difficult, not because it'd be too easy.

Considering this incident and the way he avoided the Rashad fight for as long as possible, it has to raise eyebrows. He beat Rashad and he would've beaten Sonnen, but I guess maybe there's a mental weakness there or something.

People can say what they like, reality is that a lot of fighters in his position would've accepted the fight, and several fighters have accepted short notice fights in the past. As Bisping pointed out, he fought Chael with 9 days notice, yet Jones won't.
            wow, i honestly didn't know that. i'm not a real big/serious fan of jones', i just enjoy watching him fight if he's on, but damn, that's crazy to hear. especially to someone who is coming off a loss and moving up in weight. that does sound like a mental thing from his camp though. he already spent quality time getting ready for this date, ready to make weight and perform, he should be up for the challenge of any contender, especially someone moving up. i only read one article regarding this situation (i posted a link to it in my previous post in this thread).

crazy how vitor belfort gets a shot now.

Comment

posted by Chael on FB
              Last edited by Jack3d; 08-25-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                What about all the other guys on the card? How are they supposed to feed their families? Jones ducked a blown up middleweight with pretty much the same style as the guy he was originally supposed to fight with less power who hasn't began even training for a fight yet. In the process, he caused 16 other fighters, who've been training their asses off for months to not get paid....
                **** them !
                I'm about sick of your negative ****. I'm not a fan of Jones personality after the Evans
                dibacle but Chael is a clown who just got his ass handed to him by the MW champ, now You think Chael deserves a title shot with Jones ?

Dan knew 3 weeks ago he was hurt and he was training with Chael they tried to pull a bait and switch. Not only is Chael coming off a loss but he's a known cheater. They told the UFC Dan couldn't fight 8 days before the event and fighter don't even train in the last week.

Face it you a ****bag person who only support scum like Diaz because you were born a misfit. Nothing wrong with being born a misfit unless you glorify everything bad like you do fckn dork grow up !

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                  posted by Chael on FB
                  It'd be hilarious if Sonnen actually owned a Pizza place advertising that.

But still damn funny as is.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                    It'd be hilarious if Sonnen actually owned a Pizza place advertising that.

But still damn funny as is.

Last edited by Jack3d; 08-26-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      True, but he still ducked Chuck Lidell when he was champ and didn't fight him until Chuck was champ..
                      Actually when they fought the first time I think Vitor was the champ.
                      Last edited by Jack3d; 08-26-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X