I recorded the speed of my punches...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robson24 View Post
    who the **** is that on the bag,lol
    The same dude that made this hilarious thread... http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75938
    He also went by the name Stormin'Norman for a while.

Originally posted by Demise View Post
    Frank Bruno's straight punch was 6320 newtons and the punch took only 0.1 seconds from start to finish.

So his straight punch was as fast as your jab.
    Well maybe you're interpreting this thread wrong. I'm not trying to brag because I don't even think I'm fast. It doesn't surprise me that a professional world class boxer like Frank Bruno is much faster than me...

Comment

Originally posted by Hearnsz View Post
      Well maybe you're interpreting this thread wrong. I'm not trying to brag because I don't even think I'm fast. It doesn't surprise me that a professional world class boxer like Frank Bruno is much faster than me...
      I think you're interpreting my post wrong.

You have nothing to compare those stats to, I provided something for you to compare them to.

Thought you'd be at least interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
        I think you're interpreting my post wrong.

You have nothing to compare those stats to, I provided something for you to compare them to.

Thought you'd be at least interested.

My bad, I am, thanks

Comment

ali's jab was .3 out and in i think ray robinsons was .34 i think

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
            I suppose that includes the time of pulling the punch back?... But they threw it from the hip of course. That takes it a bit longer to travel but harder to see coming. I threw my jab from a basic european stance. I think that's the ideal stance to throw jabs as fast as possible.
            Another important difference is that Ali and SSR's jabs were probably measured during fights/sparring. I punch slower myself too of course during sparring compared to during punching in the air...
            And last but not least, all the measurements are probably quite inaccurate. Measurements from 40-50 year old fights don't really say much. It would mean alot more now with those super slow motion cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
              doubt it. yeah how the funk did they measure sugar rays jab. most of his fights arent even in color. what did they use to measure it precisly back then? rocks and sticks?
              also, the guy on the bag is so squard and flat footed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                doubt it. yeah how the funk did they measure sugar rays jab. most of his fights arent even in color. what did they use to measure it precisly back then? rocks and sticks?
                also, the guy on the bag is so squard and flat footed.
                how do they know how fast jesse owens ran in 1936? they had the technology back then. even if not they can still look at vidos and make an approx though the ali one was in a lab or something

i had seen it in a documentary some where. there was a short clip with ali hooked up to stuff with scientists around saying that he jabbed at .3 seconds which is faster then sugar ray who jabbed at .34 seconds. dont know what documentary. oh well

Comment

isnt that guy the one who said he sparred with all these good people then they left gym not because of him though. He boxes exactly how i thought he would talks a big game with no skill. That shows you not to listen to people on a forum.

EDIT: "I've made olympian contenders stop comin around the gym. and I'm sure you've heard this **** from every other fighter that comes through ya door."

YOU NEED MENTAL HELP. Your living in a delusional world.
                  Last edited by MKultra; 09-02-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MKultra View Post
                    isnt that guy the one who said he sparred with all these good people then they left gym not because of him though. He boxes exactly how i thought he would talks a big game with no skill. That shows you not to listen to people on a forum.

EDIT: "I've made olympian contenders stop comin around the gym. and I'm sure you've heard this **** from every other fighter that comes through ya door."

YOU NEED MENTAL HELP. Your living in a delusional world.
                    My favourite parts were where he constantly said how tough it is to be white in a black neighbourhood

Comment

Working...
                    X