Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Hopkins defeats Stevenson this year and retires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He beats Stevenson and then Drago too, he's that dude!!!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i'm not sure how much you've seen of kovalev if you think this. his hands are pretty fluid, and his footwork isn't bad. unlike a lot of guys who throw combinations, there aren't any throwaway punches in kovalev's offense. every shot in his four or five punch combinations can hurt you.

stevenson uses the ring a bit more effectively than kovalev, and is faster, but calling kovalev "very slow" is just flat out wrong.
      In my view he is much slower than many of the other light heavyweight fighters, Like Dawson, Stevenson, Bute, and Cleverly. I do give you the fact Kovalev can Hurt most everyone with his arsenal but his slower pace is perfect for Hopkins much like Pascal and Cloud were. Punchers with some speed and fast combos much like Dawson caused Hopkins problems.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Good win of course but Stevenson's not that good.

So it wouldn't enhance his legacy too much for me.
        agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          I actually prefer a Kovalev fight. Though Kovalev has huge power, he is very slow and predictable, which Hopkins happens to do best against. Stevenson has a little more speed than Kovalev and in my view does not have much less power than Kovalev.

If Bernard were to win another unification bout, be it Kovalev or Stevenson, his career will look with out a doubt a ATG/ Greatest of his Era... and without a doubt will be a Hollywood story but who will be able to play The Executioner/The Alien?
          dmx........

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            ......he will have ducked Kovalev
            So he ducks Kovalev, so what. Everybody else ducks Kovalev. Hopkins is fighting and winning at 49 when most fighters have retired 15 or 20 years younger than 49.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              He would have to rank very, very high on any ones ATG lists...That would be a story Hollywood could not even write
              Stevenson is like Pascal to me, nothing extraordinary.

Comment

Would Larry be angry if Hopkins constantly headbutts and low blows Stevenson?

Comment

He always has been sky high on my all time great list and nothing he can do now at maybe 15 years past his prime can make him go higher for me. I want him to retire so he won't suffer brain damage. He promised his mother he would retire at 40. Sometimes brain damage shows up many years after the damaging blows landed. He doesn't need the money but everyone needs their health. He is an incredible, amazing fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Would Larry be angry if Hopkins constantly headbutts and low blows Stevenson?
                    Not a chance.

But if Hopkins did it to Floyd? He wouldn't even be in the top 1000 on Larry's list anymore.

Comment

Would be an awesome way to end his career, and def bump him up on atg lists

Comment

Working...
                      X