Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With What Punch Will Matthysse KO Garcia With???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never got the Matthysse hype anyway. People were saying he would beat Floyd back then lol.

He was a good puncher but if he was anywhere near as good as people said, then he wouldn't have lost to a 2010 version of Judah. And even if you felt he won that, a top level fighter deals with that version of Judah.

Still, knocking out Peterson was a good win anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      I never got the Matthysse hype anyway. People were saying he would beat Floyd back then lol.

He was a good puncher but if he was anywhere near as good as people said, then he wouldn't have lost to a 2010 version of Judah. And even if you felt he won that, a top level fighter deals with that version of Judah.

Still, knocking out Peterson was a good win anyway.
      Good puncher and fun to watch. But some fanatics took it here to a different level.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I never got the Matthysse hype anyway.
        Same, and the fanboys here used to jump my shyt because I critiqued a few things about the guy, things which ended up being real issues.
        Now, it's "how dare you question Golovkin".

This thread serves as a cautionary tale to fanboys. Enjoy the fights but don't make an ass of yourself for an athlete.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Same, and the fanboys here used to jump my shyt because I critiqued a few things about the guy, things which ended up being real issues.
          Now, it's "how dare you question Golovkin".

This thread serves as a cautionary tale to fanboys. Enjoy the fights but don't make an ass of yourself for an athlete.
          Yes and yes. I don't understand why people fall over themselves for these boogeymen with power and get all huffy when you point out their GLARING flaws.

It's happening all over again with GGG and the opponent who will die in the ring this time is Canelo smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            GGG will annihilate Jacobs and make a mockery of this so called wba champion.

Let's make a bet: if Jacobs wins I'll get the mods to ip ban me. If GGG wins u do the same. Deal?
            I have a thread designed solely for you and your kind. Why didn't you make this request there?

Of course I accept

Comment

• The guy absolutely flattened Peterson like nobodies business, beat Alexander & Judah (robbed), beat the sh(t out of Ruslan in a FOTY candidate, pushed Garcia to the brink in another FOTY candidate, KTFO Molina in yet another FOTY candidate, battered avoided & unbeaten Ajose Olusegun, flatlined Dallas Jr who has bounced back well & who even does that to Humberto Soto seriously?

Makes me laugh how people go on like the guy was a total can and nothing but hype when in truth he was a good fighter, a very good fighter who fell short at elite level with better wins than vast majority of todays fighters who are hyped up too high heaven.

The guy deserves more than to be talked about like he was nothing but a hypejob. His resume isn't too shoddy at all and he should have wins over like 4 former world champions.

Yh the hype was quite bad but as time has passed its gotten exaggerated IMO
              He certainly wasn't anymore hyped than Broner & the likes he was a lot more proven.
              Last edited by dan_cov; 09-26-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                I have a thread designed solely for you and your kind. Why didn't you make this request there?

Of course I accept
                Good.

Now you can go back to whatever weird **** a middle aged internet nerd does.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Good.

Now you can go back to whatever weird **** a middle aged internet nerd does.
                  And you can go back to where Khan came from..

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    The guy absolutely flattened Peterson like nobodies business, beat Alexander & Judah (robbed), beat the sh(t out of Ruslan in a FOTY candidate, pushed Garcia to the brink in another FOTY candidate, KTFO Molina in yet another FOTY candidate, battered avoided & unbeaten Ajose Olusegun, flatlined Dallas Jr who has bounced back well & who even does that to Humberto Soto seriously?

Makes me laugh how people go on like the guy was a total can and nothing but hype when in truth he was a good fighter, a very good fighter who fell short at elite level with better wins than vast majority of todays fighters who are hyped up too high heaven.

The guy deserves more than to be talked about like he was nothing but a hypejob. His resume isn't too shoddy at all and he should have wins over like 4 former world champions.

Yh the hype was quite bad but as time has passed its gotten exaggerated IMO
                    He certainly wasn't anymore hyped than Broner & the likes he was a lot more proven.
                    This is catharsis for Danny G fanboys who don't what to say or do. Still got dat 0 doe.

Comment

• I'm a huge matthyse fan but damn do people go overboard over KOs around here.

I remember the body language experts giving us details on how scared danny was after the pederson ko

Comment

Working...
                      X