Why does Lara want.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
    If Brook can get 5 million then hell Lara can get 1.5-2 million
    Brook got $5mill from the Brits. Is Lara going to get $1.5-2mill from the Brits?

Let Lara take a reasonable market-value offer ($500k-$800k) and let Haymon over pay him on the side like he's been doing. Same thing with Danny Jacobs, let him fight GGG for a reasonable market-value offer ($1.5mill) and let Haymon overpay him on the side.

Comment

Decubas hasn't even asked Haymon to make the GGG fight. Hasn't even reached out to Loeffler. He just tweets using Lara's account. Loeffler contacted Haymon, finally, according to Decubas himself. And he now says the fight is difficult to make and asks, "Can GGG fight on Showtime?" Same clown who tweeted Lara can fight anywhere, HBO, Kazakhstan, etc.

He's like Rigo, who when Loma called his bluff, he suddenly wants huge money.
      Last edited by brettWall; 10-26-2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I agree with the premise of this thread, however Brook added value to the table through his strong nationalistic British following. Lara does not.

Still, your point is made, and i believe you're only off in what you offer Lara, with numbers a bit inflated given Lara's lack of strong following.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Why does Lara want more than 1 M if his Biggest Payday against CANELO is 1 million? Yet the NSB "Fans" Here supported that notion, calling it a "duck" of GGG if he can't pay that.

If we go by the logic that Canelo is the bigger draw, and GGG is the smaller draw, why in the hell should K2 give more than what Canelo paid for? The GGG team was willing to pay 1m but hell Lara keeps on whining about "Pay me what I'm worth" Or with Decubas mouthing "Can he fight on showtime?"

I know everybody wants this fight to happen, and the fight would be GGG going to chase a chicken in the ring till he catches him in the corner and knocks him out.

Yet people praise Lara for "Calling out" GGG in twitter yet never made any moves on.
          I somehow doubt that your logic has a chance here. Even if you added that Lara actually lost in a stinker, they would still argue that he should have a bigger purse than what he got for the bigger draw Canelo.

The hate for GGG is unreal.

Comment

Ok. Just give Lara 100% of the UK television rights. Hell throw in the Cuban rights also.

That should make you happy right Larry? Thats what you ask for right?

Comment

Isn't Lara announcing his next opponent this weekend or next?

Comment

Brook (and Golovkin) brought a lot of UK audience that helped both to get around 5 millions purse, as reported (maybe a bit less probably).

Lara cannot generate ratings or sell seats, therefore he won't be getting anything above 1 million. That's how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  The hate for GGG is unreal.
                  UNREAL my friend, that's the word. Hard to believe for such a nice guy and good image for the sport.

Comment

We just want GGG's team to get him good fights and stop using money as an excuse to keep him fighting mandatories and ww's...Simple as that
                    come on, he only fought brook, just one

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      come on, he only fought brook, just one
                      That fight should have never happened man..2016 was a terrible year for GGG

Comment

Working...
                      X