No announcement yet.

Don King The Greatest Promoter EVER

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One more round View Post
    Reading some of these posts defending King is laughable. Boxing truly has the ****tiest fan base. More concerned with their own entertainment than the well being of those providing it
    Sad, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      The man is absolute scum. But I did enjoy his cards...JC Chavez, Terry Norris, Azumah Nelson and Ricardo Lopez all on the same show. Throw in Felix Trinidad at times too.

Those were the days.
      don king was a damn genius as far as promoting goes but he had no morals or regard for his fighters. I agree with you tho. he did put on some great boxing cards so you take the good with the bad I guess

Comment

Reading some of these posts defending King is laughable. Boxing truly has the ****tiest fan base. More concerned with their own entertainment than the well being of those providing it
        Hey buddy. Climb down off the cross. We need the lumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
          While many make good points about the vile countenance that is Don King....few talk about another culprit that bares much of the blame....Don King's barber.

Comment

I can see where you are coming from here. But King done nothing wrong to any Boxing fans like me and you and millions more. You talk as if we was wrong to buy his PPV cards. The well being of his boxers as far as i know, is they was all healthy and well. Because King promised them x amount of millions, but only paid them Y amount of millions, is detrimental. But immaterial to boxing fans like myself who bought his PPV shows.

Comment

Promoters are a special breed. I mean, they must drink some special brew or swear allegiance to an occult icon. I'm thinking of when Frank Warren clawed his way to the top of the pile in the UK and was so popular someone shot him at point-blank range.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  I can see where you are coming from here. But King done nothing wrong to any Boxing fans like me and you and millions more. You talk as if we was wrong to buy his PPV cards. The well being of his boxers as far as i know, is they was all healthy and well. Because King promised them x amount of millions, but only paid them Y amount of millions, is detrimental. But immaterial to boxing fans like myself who bought his PPV shows.
                  Well I'm a fan who cares about the fighters because they are what this sport is about. These men were fighting for pay checks, so King sitting on his ass and shafting them out of the promised amount is wrong in my eyes. In some cases only 10-20% of the promised purse was paid. Fighters still have to pay trainers out of this.

King also used his connections to make threats and intimidate fighters when disputes over pay arose. The man was indeed a reptile as Tyson said.

The reason why what King did is so bad is because of the risks fighters face every time they get in the ring. This sport is fcking hard.
                  Last edited by Suckmedry; 03-07-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I miss Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert SPEER View Post
                      I miss Don.
                      If you are going troll try a little harder.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146II-277,_Albert_Speer.jpg

Above is Speer. Below Himmler.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S72707,_Heinrich_Himmler.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X