No announcement yet.

Sturm vs De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sturm clearly won.

it was a pretty good fight. People forget that because of the bad decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
      sturm clearly won.

it was a pretty good fight. People forget that because of the bad decision.
      Very true about it being a good fight.,, Oscar really fought his ass off at times, it was just that sturm was bigger, and that jab was menacing.. And even after getting bloodied up, oscar never stopped trying to win, and really gave it his all

Comment

the belt at 160 is huge feather in oscars cap that was never going to slip away.... wasnt this the fight to set up oscar-bhop... of course he was gonna get jobbed no matter as long as oscar stayed up on his feet haha.... well maybe not that far but you know what i mean

Comment

Huge Oscar fan, but he lost the Sturm fight 7-5, close but clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            It wasn't a huge robbery, but I def felt sturm won... Oscar stole a lot of rounds with his little flurries, and sturm would have stretches of inactivity except for the jab..

I had it 115-113 sturm,,
            De La Hoya came in looking very soft. Sturm was unknown and lightly regarded at the time, but held a belt which Oscar wanted.

Sturm should've won the fight by a couple rounds with competent scoring and went on to prove that he was a better than expected fighter. I don't think people at the time thought he was as good as Joppy or even Keith Holmes.

Really, the fight happened at the wrong time because it could've been a much bigger event in a couple years and Oscar likely would've taken it more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Was it a close fight that could have gone either way? Or was it a clear robbery?
              I score it for Oscar everytime.

Comment

Sturm won but it was very close and dramatic. The decision robs the fight of it's quality because it was a very good match up. Sturm out jabbed Oscar but at times it looked like Oscar was busier and was the aggressor, judges often score that. Not a robbery just a bad decision which could have gone either way.

Comment

Sturm won the fight but the judges were looking at the bigger fight down the line. Which was Hoya vs Hopkins hey, Hoya been on the end of a bad score card from time to time it's boxing what can i say.

Comment

Yeah he had, like his fight with Trinidad.

Comment

Working...
                    X