No announcement yet.

What was your most exciting HW fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post
    Ha they were good fights. Golota had so many sure thing chances at a title/big win and somehow blew it or got ripped off with a draw or something lol.

Golota/Grant was decent slug too!
    The thing about golota/bowe is during the riots HBO never went off the air & lampley was doing play by play of the riot... I got the full HBO versions in my HW thread...

Comment

I think as far as slugfests go Ibeabuchi and Tua have to rate somewhere high. I can't believe the stamina and the chin from both! It's incredible how some boxers can take that much damage for that long and not die!

Comment

I think as far as slugfests go Ibeabuchi and Tua have to rate somewhere high. I can't believe the stamina and the chin from both! It's incredible how some boxers can take that much damage for that long and not die!
        Yes another classic...

Comment

Lyle did hit hard but rewatched that battle tonight in fact and the punches were crude, lacking snap and slow compared to modern opponents, nobody can seriously say otherwise, not taking anything away from either fighter though! It really was a battle! To say that Lyle hit harder than Tommy Morrison falls squarely into the realm of fantasy. KOratio's tell the story, as the video evidence does. Morrison's punches even SOUND like bombs.

That an increase in 40lbs consisting of both body fat and strength trained muscle, bone and sinew will assist chin and punch resistance is also beyond denial.

Let's stick to the script though, make another thread if you don't agree with the above.

What's your favourite heavyweight fight Landa??

Let me guess, MoHAMMY the featherfisted Butter-fly VS Joe "Porky" the one-eyed dward Frazier??? In Pillow fight of the century? HAHAHA!
          I did think Morrison probably hit harder but he also struggled too land on elite fighters so i never really took him into consideration

hmm favorite heavyweight fight might have too be Ali vs Foreman and the Bowe Holyfield trilogy but its hard too say

Whats your fav fight????

oh i got it Vitali vs Lewis two clumberson robots with floppy armed clinches every 5 seconds... Bravo

Comment

Haye vs Valuev what a thriller that was eh no better action fight in the history of Boxing

Comment

Because I've only fought as a middleweight, I've never faced a HW.

That said, the most exciting HW fights I've watched are:*
              • Foreman vs Lyle
              • Ali vs Frazier III
              • Holyfield vs Bowe III
              • Holmes vs Cooney
              • Ali vs Foreman

*I'm too lazy to rank 'em...
              Last edited by Panamaniac; 08-25-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

cant pick just one

lyles-foreman
                holmes-norton
                vitali-lewis
                wlad-peter 1
                ike-tua
                tyson-holyfield 1
                holyfield-bowe 1,2,3 entire trilogy was action packed
                bowe-golata 1,2
                dokes-holy
                tyson-douglas just for the drame of it,,,,
                toney-peter 1
                ali-frazier 3

those are the ones that i watched live and loved every second of it

Comment

-Holmes and Norton slugging it out to dead even until the 15th.
                  -Jess Willard's destruction via Jack Dempsey
                  -The final rounds of Bowe/Holyfield III
                  -The Rumble in the Jungle
                  -The Thrilla in Manila
                  -Cooney flops against Larry Holmes

Comment

Working...
                  X