No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi: "Judge like Adalaide Byrd Should Stay Home"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulie Malignaggi: "Judge like Adalaide Byrd Should Stay Home"

Boxing/Commentator Paulie Malignaggi called out judge Adalaide Byrd for her 119-109 score in favor of Austin Trout. I actually had it 117-112 (8-3-1) for Trourt, but 119-109 means Cotto only got one round in that scorecard.

What is interesting is that many British fans called out Byrd also for giving Hopkins the win over Calzaghe in that split decision score. Some even made the allegation since Byrd is black she favors black fighters.

Is Malignaggi correct should Byrd stay home next time?

Paulie had the fight a draw so he can shut the fcuk up as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
      Boxing/Commentator Paulie Malignaggi called out judge Adalaide Byrd for her 119-109 score in favor of Austin Trout. I actually had it 117-112 (8-3-1) for Trourt, but 119-109 means Cotto only got one round in that scorecard.

What is interesting is that many British fans called out Byrd also for giving Hopkins the win over Calzaghe in that split decision score. Some even made the allegation since Byrd is black she favors black fighters.

Is Malignaggi correct should Byrd stay home next time?
      I disagreed with Paulie last night Adalaide gave Trout just one more round than I gave him. Paulie was on Cotto's sack last night, and it wasnt even funny. Ms. Byrd did a good job scoring.

Comment

For the record I only gave Cotto 2/3 rounds maximum, I don't think her scorecard was bad. The rounds Cotto arguably won was close but there was only a few.

I don't see how he can say that when he scored a dominating performance as a draw myself.

Comment

Track record seems decent to me......

Comment

Not nearly as bad as the judge from Friday night. Now THAT was an absolute disgrace and I hope we never, ever see him scoring a boxing match again.

Comment

Thought her score was very harsh on Cotto. There's a lot of criticism of her out there but I don't have a particularly strong opinion on her myself.#

It should be remembered that she scored Abril/Rios 117-111 for Abril, on the night Jerry Roth and crook supreme Glenn Trowbridge gave it to Rios.

Comment

aint she judging the Pac-Marquez 4 fight

looks like Marquez will definitely lose if he doesnt get a KO

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Thought her score was very harsh on Cotto. There's a lot of criticism of her out there but I don't have a particularly strong opinion on her myself.#

It should be remembered that she scored Abril/Rios 117-111 for Abril, on the night Jerry Roth and crook supreme Glenn Trowbridge gave it to Rios.
                  Really? Didn't know that........just from that scorecard alone, she has my respect.

Although I am not sure how she scored whichever fights she judged after that.

Comment

The problem with fights like this are the large number of close rounds. Let's say there are 5 very close rounds in a fight. 1 judge could score a fight 114-114 if he give all the close rounds to fighter A, whereas another judge could have it 119-109 by giving all the close rounds to fighter B.

Comment

Working...
                    X