Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"If you retire undefeated it means you didn't fight everyone you were supposed to"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not the case with Andre Ward so far, not knowing when and if he can retire undefeated.

Joe Calzaghe?? He had the chance to become one of Roy Jones's victims in the 90's and he ran scared.

Mayweather? Yes he ducked some fighters that could have caused issues, Paul Williams for one.

So atlest in the case of Joe Calzaghe, yes he didn't fight Roy Jones when he originally could have been in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
      So what you're saying is, if Julio Cesar Chavez retired in 93, you'd consider him the best of all time?
      When did I say that means you are the greatest? The question is can you retire undefeated and still fight everyone you were suppose to. That doesnt make you the greatest and JCC shouldve lost to Taylor

Comment

Fans will rarely agree on the "fighting everyone you were supposed to". You have some exceptions like Floyd/Pac but in most cases everybody has there own opinion on who and when a fighter should fight.

Comment

BTW, even though I disagree with him, I still think thats a great quote. Great

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
            So what you're saying is, if Julio Cesar Chavez retired in 93, you'd consider him the best of all time?
            Why is it you read a post then respond with the most stupid question that has nothing to do with what they said?

Is it intentional?

Comment

I agree.

If a fighter fought everyone at the time they were supposed to, no way they would go undefeated.

Father time catches up to us all.

(Hopkins is an exception to the rule, even though he lost a long time ago)

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                "If you retire undefeated it means you didn't fight everyone you were supposed to" - Carl Froch

Do you agree? Vote and discuss with reasons either way.

Shout out to Weebler I who has it sigged.
                We just had a thread yesterday about this ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Why is it you read a post then respond with the most stupid question that has nothing to do with what they said?

Is it intentional?
                  No. He's truly stupid.

Comment

-the greatest basketball player of all time (Jordan) has lost.

-the greatest tennis player of all time (Federer) has lost.

-the greatest track and field athlete of all time (Usain Bolt) has lost.

-the greatest golfer of all time (Tiger/Jack) has lost.

-the greatest football player of all time (pele/maradona/ronaldo/messi) has lost.

I can keep going....

in every sport.

What do those athletes all have in common?

THEY DONT CHOOSE THEIR OPPONENTS. THEY CANT CHERRY PICK.

Floyd loves to bash Pacquiao for being arum's slave and he loves to brag about him being his own boss, so we cant really blame Pacquiao since he's just a slave and a talk to my promoter kind of guy as oppose to floyd who is his own boss so floyd cant really blame anybody for calling him a ducker since he's his own boss.

Amirite?

I mean have you ever heard of an athlete trying to tell another athlete what drug test to take and if he doesnt take HIS drug test he wont play?

NEVER.

See the thing with floyd, you can actually PIN POINT his ducking and cherry picking.

The most obvious one is the fake retirement where after beating a career 140 pounder in hatton at 147 just one fight in and struggling vs collazo. The welterweight division at that time was the deepest and hottest in all of boxing with prime margarito, prime paul williams, younger shane, prime miguel cotto, and a prime pacquiao on its way soon after.

Floyd instead of capitalizing on his 2nd biggest win since corrales "RETIRED" from boxing instead of solidifying his place in history with a division full of fighters to do it.

When you talk resume with floyd it will come down to 3 things:

1. his best win is diego corrales. someone who isnt a legit hall of famer and probably wont make it. if he does its because of his tragic death same way as gatti.

2. he has never faced a legit hall of famer in their prime.

3. the fake retirment when 147 was the deepest and hottest in all of boxing.

"Show me a undefeated fighter and ill show you somebody who didnt really fight anybody."

Its a true and time tested quote.
                    Last edited by The Tase; 03-23-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

tase, you know that argument makes no sense. Every sport is totally different. MJ played in a team sport and played a million games in his career. Its not the same thing at all

Comment

Working...
                      X