Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin... Why Counter Game and Defensive Shells Don't Work against him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    Nicely put. But experience against better fighters is the higher benefit. Perhaps the Alvarez bout against Floyd changed his confidence level, and in boxing, it's always a gem to find fighters add new stuff to their game. Alvarez has increased his ring IQ, especially in fancy defense, it's amazing how many people are overlooking him.

However, the detail is not on Alvarez's skill, it's the simple fact that they want Lil'G to win, and it's no different how it was when loyal Pac fans (which outweigh Lil'Gs fanbase) wanted Floyd to lose. They swore that Floyd would lose...

Lil'G in his early career was faster more alert.

Alvarez is a Mexican boxer so he is going to come on his A game with endurance and conditioning. He ate many body blows and power from Kirkland on the ropes. He didn't have to do that. He could've moved around the ring, but we all know that's not his style. So we assume Lil'G hits harder of course than Kirkland, but he's not going to let Lil'G combo around by the ropes.

1. Canelo's reach! He can box and pivot back if it's a jab competition. The judges will take note, and no opposition from Lil'G's resume is at that level.

2. Counterattacking. Lil'G knows fully well Alvarez's IQ on counters, so expect less output from Lil'G

3. Cutting off the ring or being pressed forward is what Alvarez will want, and seeing how Alvarez, just like Marquez, the Mexican style are great counterattackers. It's foolish to think that Alvarez won't land.

4. If Canelo pulls off amazing combo defensive techniques from Khan and carrying the fight for the fans, rest assured this is the reason why the young Alvarez is going to beat Lil'G.

The worst they will say is ''Alvarez fought like a *****...'' like they accuse many elite fighters when they beat their heroes. God bless the point system and the size of a ring...

If they fight, we will see who has the better counterpunching...ohh and Jab...we'll see...

Comment

• Originally posted by NotTheFace View Post
      is Cotto a top 10 MW?
      no he is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
        LMBO!!! Alvarez is elite?
        Actually I was referring to Floyd, but yeah, Alvarez is at elite level. You do that by having a better resume than Lil'G at the age of 25. I know it's funny huh! Cotto only a year older than Lil'G.

Comment

• lol @ the Divnaelo fans who said that he will school GGG?????? ahahahahajajajja!

Canelito will not even get on the ring, heck not even 400 meters of GGG lol.

He will school him on the way to the hospital, on how to get knock the fuk out!

#FightGGG
          #stopduckingGGG
          #Coward
          #Diva

Comment

Actually I was referring to Floyd, but yeah, Alvarez is at elite level. You do that by having a better resume than Lil'G at the age of 25. I know it's funny huh! Cotto only a year older than Lil'G.
            LMBO!!! Amir Khan's elite too then.

Comment

Nicely put. But experience against better fighters is the higher benefit. Perhaps the Alvarez bout against Floyd changed his confidence level, and in boxing, it's always a gem to find fighters add new stuff to their game. Alvarez has increased his ring IQ, especially in fancy defense, it's amazing how many people are overlooking him.

However, the detail is not on Alvarez's skill, it's the simple fact that they want Lil'G to win, and it's no different how it was when loyal Pac fans (which outweigh Lil'Gs fanbase) wanted Floyd to lose. They swore that Floyd would lose...

Lil'G in his early career was faster more alert.

Alvarez is a Mexican boxer so he is going to come on his A game with endurance and conditioning. He ate many body blows and power from Kirkland on the ropes. He didn't have to do that. He could've moved around the ring, but we all know that's not his style. So we assume Lil'G hits harder of course than Kirkland, but he's not going to let Lil'G combo around by the ropes.

1. Canelo's reach! He can box and pivot back if it's a jab competition. The judges will take note, and no opposition from Lil'G's resume is at that level.

2. Counterattacking. Lil'G knows fully well Alvarez's IQ on counters, so expect less output from Lil'G

3. Cutting off the ring or being pressed forward is what Alvarez will want, and seeing how Alvarez, just like Marquez, the Mexican style are great counterattackers. It's foolish to think that Alvarez won't land.

4. If Canelo pulls off amazing combo defensive techniques from Khan and carrying the fight for the fans, rest assured this is the reason why the young Alvarez is going to beat Lil'G.

The worst they will say is ''Alvarez fought like a *****...'' like they accuse many elite fighters when they beat their heroes. God bless the point system and the size of a ring...
              Experience against elite fighters is definitely a point in Canelo's corner, and in my mind, the only thing that begins to even up the score. My one issue in evaluating GGG is that he hasn't fought any world class opponents. But he has thoroughly dominated TOP 10 competition and that says something as well. He has gone through his opponents showing flashes of sheer offensive brilliance (the 4 punch combo taking out Macklin, the uppercut from nowhere against Rubio) and defensive ability (keeping range, jabbing, slipping punches) when facing someone with one-punch power (Lemieux).

I think GGG's will out jab and out counter Canelo and I don't think that Canelo's power will shake GGG. Canelo has youth on his side, he has better competition so we have to give him the nod on those points. I wish GGG had been in the ring with Martinez and Quillin but that's not the case.

Re Pac fans. Anybody that gave the advantage to Pac over Mayweather last year was delusional. 6 years ago it would have been a great fight. Pac's style is perpetual motion, finding angles, jumping in, making mistakes but able to take a punch, and come in again. But this is a young man's style and Pac was no longer young, no longer hungry. Plus he was facing the best counter-puncher of our generation; a man comfortable staying in the pocket and facing charging bulls.

I think there is the potential to see a great fight between GGG and Canelo but I think almost all the advantages go to GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                Experience against elite fighters is definitely a point in Canelo's corner, and in my mind, the only thing that begins to even up the score. My one issue in evaluating GGG is that he hasn't fought any world class opponents. But he has thoroughly dominated TOP 10 competition and that says something as well. He has gone through his opponents showing flashes of sheer offensive brilliance (the 4 punch combo taking out Macklin, the uppercut from nowhere against Rubio) and defensive ability (keeping range, jabbing, slipping punches) when facing someone with one-punch power (Lemieux).

I think GGG's will out jab and out counter Canelo and I don't think that Canelo's power will shake GGG. Canelo has youth on his side, he has better competition so we have to give him the nod on those points. I wish GGG had been in the ring with Martinez and Quillin but that's not the case.

Re Pac fans. Anybody that gave the advantage to Pac over Mayweather last year was delusional. 6 years ago it would have been a great fight. Pac's style is perpetual motion, finding angles, jumping in, making mistakes but able to take a punch, and come in again. But this is a young man's style and Pac was no longer young, no longer hungry. Plus he was facing the best counter-puncher of our generation; a man comfortable staying in the pocket and facing charging bulls.

I think there is the potential to see a great fight between GGG and Canelo but I think almost all the advantages go to GGG.
                As Lemieux stated, and as most of us agree, precision and accurate punches is what wears down fighters.

1.) I have confidence on Canelo's IQ - offensively (regardless if he goes in conservatively and careful) but he will pick nice shots on the point system. That being said, it would be a shocker if Lil'G would get stopped or KO'd, but that's highly not likely. I see this going the distance in either a MD or SD... For WHO, that's the question...and here's why:

A.) Again, nobody in Lil'G opposotion even stands guard, meaning pocket range, like Canelo. Canelo has those defensive instincts just like De La Hoya, either using a praying mantiss guard to flick off jabs or no guard and just keeping distance and pivoting back. Therefore, I see many missed jabs by Golovkin for the sheer fact that he misses at time on jab range control. Look at the Stevens fight, he spurted several times not landing as Lil'G has the advantage in height and reach since he arcs his body completely forward..

B.) Let's be honest, no one ever acknolwedges Lil'Gs speeds because it's not there. He's not fast, yet he's a precision combo hitter or hard hitter against, as you said, top 10 opponents, but not World Class level. If people want to dismiss Nelo as World class then that's their opinion but no the reality..

C.) Again, Canelo, can be said to be a great late Mexican boxer's generation with a chin like the likes of Chavez, Barrera, Marquez, Morales. Therefore, Canelo has not been tested, and we have not seen blood guts and glory from Alvarez yet like his great pre counter parts! How can we dismiss that!? Canelo was picked on as a kid which is the reason he went into boxing. We haven't seen an inner rage if that time ever comes, and my money is on the youth over the mid 30s Lil'G.

D.) Couterring and combos, Alvarez is just way faster in combos I can see judges giving slight edge favoritism on that alone and because he's already World class, the judges won't follow any drama or theory shared from forums...

I still think Alvarez wins this bout going the distance. It's his time. If and when he beats Lil'G, he will be the next Mayweather as far as fame. After Khan, regardless if fans don't follow the 1st voluntary weight defense drama, they'll probably end up rooting for Alvarez just like Prince Nas following went over to Barrera.

Comment

• Because he hasn't fought anyone who has either.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    Yes the best unproven middleweight

He's the smart kid in a dumb class

thats the best way to describe his ability and the company he keeps in the ring......Guess he'll be hitting the chitlin' circuit again to find an opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

thats the best way to describe his ability and the company he keeps in the ring......Guess he'll be hitting the chitlin' circuit again to find an opponent.
                      Is that where this fraud Canelo competes, the chitlin circuit?

Comment

Working...
                      X