Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better resume, Sugar Ray Leonard or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Margarito was a huge threat at the time and that fight was talked about a lot on here, also there was no fluke win it was legit, and you can't prove otherwise.
    Margarito ****ed himself Up I believe by charging in against Mosley. He was the same head first fighter when he fought Miguel cotto against Mosley, only this time Shane Mosley hits much harder at welterweight with that straight right hand. He thought He can bully Mosley against the ropes.

Also, the discredit of Margarirto is rampant here. Margo was never proven to wear wraps in the Cotto fight. He was inspected by the comission and was labeled clean. Miguel Cotto only beaten a 1 eyes Margo.

And also, yeah Margo was a huge threat to Floyd 06-08 it would be interesting how Floyd reacts to a fighter whom he can never hurt and would literally run across the ring to corner him.

Comment

Lol..........

Comment

Why do Manny fans continue to make threads like this? We've seen this thread 50 times.

We get it, Floyd is better than Manny so let's knock Floyd and his fans down a peg by comparing his resume against one that's better just so Floyd loses at something.

Guys it's 2017, can't we discuss something else other than Floyd and how he stacks up against other ATG's?

We'll have plenty of time to do that when he is announced as a HOF'er on his 1st year of eligibility.

Comment

Sugar Ray.

All things considered, Floyd is more accomplished and had a better career, but as far as best career wins/resume, Sugar Ray is clearly ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
            MurkaMan,

Not everyone he faced, and what about Floyd's huge reach advantage, and the fact that he'd had a break whilst everyone else fought each other?

Again, a huge advantage in reach is far more of an advantage than weight.

You THINK he has the better names on his resume?

There's no thinking required.

Yes, Floyd had great longevity, and that should be respected.

Yes, Ray may not have been able to have beaten younger guys at 37. But it works both ways. Floyd wouldn't have beaten a guy like Hearns.

Absolute nonsense.

Stop exaggerating.

Floyd didn't have the heart that Ray had.

He would never have fought a guy like Hearns in the trenches.

Of course Ray had lots of close fights with the Fab Four. That's because they were truly great fighters.

More nonsense.

Astonishing?

Look at all the **** that he pulled throughout his career.
            Next time quote me, so I wont miss your reply.

Floyd has no reach advantage. I understand that boxrec and tale of the tape have all those stats wrong. Floyd's arms where shorter than everyone he faced, except JMM. Those same stats claim he is taller than everyone.

Canelo was huge, Ghost was huge, in fact all of them are bigger, taller, with longer arms. JMM and Pac are the only fighters I seen Floyd tower over. And I actually think Pac has longer arms than Mayweather.

And Floyd wasnt advantaged because of a "break" Fool, he was coming off LAYOFFS, while everyone else was active.

He was disadvantaged because of that, but made it seem like they still werent good enough.

Being at a reach AND Weight advantage, its amazing what he was able to do. If this was SRL, he would get killed in the ring. In fact no other fighter in history could be at Floyd's disadvantages, and still be so skilled, that he made them look like they didnt belong in the ring.

Greatest fighter in history, by LIGHTYEARS. Not even CLOSE.

If Floyd was the same size as SRL, same power, same reach, he would humiliate and KO Hearns. Yet SRL, had a very close competitive fight before stopping him

Now if Hearns lost to SRL, a fighter who doesnt possess half the talent that Floyd does, its no way Hearns could beat Mayweather.

I dont think any of them could. And SRL lost to Duran. If SRL outboxed Duran, Floyd would've put on a show. And they wouldnt be "too big and tall" for Floyd, where their footwork would make it hard for him to get in. NO one is outboxing Mayweather.

Mayweather, would be the smaller quicker man against SRL and Hearns both. Every single thing SRL does, will get him popped in the face, and he would stop in his tracks. He is a taller, albeit less skilled, version of Mayweather. And being tall with long arms, is not a good enough reason for me to believe that he can outmayweather, Mayweather. Mayweather is the pureboxer that SRL dreamt about being.

I dont think any of the fab four could even make a close fight with Floyd, except Hagler due to size and force.

But you must remember, these are OUTDATED FIGHTERS. Its not fair to compare them to ATG's of the future, because they grew up watching them. Floyd doesnt make the mistakes SRL and Hearns and Hagler did.

I think both Floyd and Pac would be something they never even seen before. They would be the smaller quicker men against the Fab four. These are mismatches.

And what did Floyd pull throughout his career? Lol

Hagler stayed at a weight class and beat smaller men coming up in weight. And when he lost, he couldnt respond to adversity. He retired. Never went up in weight to face bigger men.

Duran lost allot when he stepped up to quality foes.

SRL is the greatest cherrypicker in the history of boxing. When Floyd was young, they said he was the next SRL, so they projected everything SRL did, onto Floyd. SRL retired to duck Hagler. He fought all of his rematches when the opponents were older.

Floyd didnt retire to duck no damnn Cotto and Margarito. Imagine Floyd accusing Cotto and Margarito of using roids. Floyd looked at Pac, and was blown away by Pac. Floyd was scared of Pac. Floyd didnt look at Cotto the way he looked at Pac.

He retired because he made all that money. But since SRL used to retire to duck Hagler, they projected it onto Floyd, and gave Floyd credit for all the ducking and cherrypicking SRL did.

I remember how SRL fought everyone at the right time.

Floyd dont care if your big, small, old, or if he's old, you can be half his age and 15lbs bigger, and Floyd is going to white wash that azz!

I cant say the same about SRL, because if SRL was at the circumstantial disadvantages as Mayweather, SRL, wouldnt even fight these guys.

Point, blank, period!!

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
              Canelo was also at a disadvantage.

He was only 22, his biggest wins had been against Trout and a shot Mosley, and Floyd had a reach advantage.

Floyd took the shine off of his win by his ridiculous CW demand. Even though beforehand, he'd declared:

"We don't care what Canelo weighs on fight night. Skills pay the bills, not size"
              Canelo wasnt at no dammnn disadvantage, are you kidding me??? LOL What is Floyd supposed to do, if him and Pac cant fight eachother? Fight a bum, and wait for Canelo to magically change within a matter of 1 or 2 fights?

Floyd aint fighting no bums, except for Berto which was a retirement fight.

But you sound crazy. Floyd was at a disadvantage, like he ALWAYS is.

Canelo had a youth advantage, reach advantage, size, and weight advantage. Boy SRL wouldnt even take a fight at those circumstances.

And Floyd HAD to do the CW, because Canelo was too big to be fighting a 150lbs GRANDPA who was 37yrs old, are you kidding me??

Without the CW he would've been 170lbs on fight night, but with the cw, he was STILL too big, at 165lbs, and Floyd STILL humiliated him.

It aint nothing you can tell me boy, you sounding like a biased hater with all these lies. Its no way you can discredit this man. This is the greatest in the HISTORY of the sport and its not even close!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Next time quote me, so I wont miss your reply.

Floyd has no reach advantage. I understand that boxrec and tale of the tape have all those stats wrong. Floyd's arms where shorter than everyone he faced, except JMM. Those same stats claim he is taller than everyone.

Canelo was huge, Ghost was huge, in fact all of them are bigger, taller, with longer arms. JMM and Pac are the only fighters I seen Floyd tower over. And I actually think Pac has longer arms than Mayweather.

And Floyd wasnt advantaged because of a "break" Fool, he was coming off LAYOFFS, while everyone else was active.

He was disadvantaged because of that, but made it seem like they still werent good enough.

Being at a reach AND Weight advantage, its amazing what he was able to do. If this was SRL, he would get killed in the ring. In fact no other fighter in history could be at Floyd's disadvantages, and still be so skilled, that he made them look like they didnt belong in the ring.

Greatest fighter in history, by LIGHTYEARS. Not even CLOSE.

If Floyd was the same size as SRL, same power, same reach, he would humiliate and KO Hearns. Yet SRL, had a very close competitive fight before stopping him

Now if Hearns lost to SRL, a fighter who doesnt possess half the talent that Floyd does, its no way Hearns could beat Mayweather.

I dont think any of them could. And SRL lost to Duran. If SRL outboxed Duran, Floyd would've put on a show. And they wouldnt be "too big and tall" for Floyd, where their footwork would make it hard for him to get in. NO one is outboxing Mayweather.

Mayweather, would be the smaller quicker man against SRL and Hearns both. Every single thing SRL does, will get him popped in the face, and he would stop in his tracks. He is a taller, albeit less skilled, version of Mayweather. And being tall with long arms, is not a good enough reason for me to believe that he can outmayweather, Mayweather. Mayweather is the pureboxer that SRL dreamt about being.

I dont think any of the fab four could even make a close fight with Floyd, except Hagler due to size and force.

But you must remember, these are OUTDATED FIGHTERS. Its not fair to compare them to ATG's of the future, because they grew up watching them. Floyd doesnt make the mistakes SRL and Hearns and Hagler did.

I think both Floyd and Pac would be something they never even seen before. They would be the smaller quicker men against the Fab four. These are mismatches.

And what did Floyd pull throughout his career? Lol

Hagler stayed at a weight class and beat smaller men coming up in weight. And when he lost, he couldnt respond to adversity. He retired. Never went up in weight to face bigger men.

Duran lost allot when he stepped up to quality foes.

SRL is the greatest cherrypicker in the history of boxing. When Floyd was young, they said he was the next SRL, so they projected everything SRL did, onto Floyd. SRL retired to duck Hagler. He fought all of his rematches when the opponents were older.

Floyd didnt retire to duck no damnn Cotto and Margarito. Imagine Floyd accusing Cotto and Margarito of using roids. Floyd looked at Pac, and was blown away by Pac. Floyd was scared of Pac. Floyd didnt look at Cotto the way he looked at Pac.

He retired because he made all that money. But since SRL used to retire to duck Hagler, they projected it onto Floyd, and gave Floyd credit for all the ducking and cherrypicking SRL did.

I remember how SRL fought everyone at the right time.

Floyd dont care if your big, small, old, or if he's old, you can be half his age and 15lbs bigger, and Floyd is going to white wash that azz!

I cant say the same about SRL, because if SRL was at the circumstantial disadvantages as Mayweather, SRL, wouldnt even fight these guys.

Point, blank, period!!
                "I actually think Pac has longer arms than Floyd." I stopped reading at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  "I actually think Pac has longer arms than Floyd." I stopped reading at that.
                  You can stop reading all you want. To me, his arms are way longer than Floyd's. Floyd has short stubby arms!

Comment

Welp, predictably this thread has gone off the rails.

If you're saying Floyd has short arms, you've walked away from the world of facts and evidence.

Provide a link to support outlandish claims; that would help. Floyd had superior reach to most of his opponents (Mosely being one exception, I believe) and made superb use of this advantage, which works so well with his style.

I love Floyd as a fighter, especially at the lighter weights, but if you think he could stop Hearns you need to back away from the crack pipe

Comment

fraud jr has the weakest resume of all. he fought his opponents either with novice fighters or fighters that are out of prime.

his greatest win (gifted) is out-of-prime pacquiao and won by a boring (tentative to engage) 12 rds.

Comment

Working...
                      X