Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson: "I'm on the verge of dying, because I'm a vicious alcoholic."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not unusual for an individual to relapse with addiction problems...It will probably happen again! But....the way it is handled is the important issue. If Tyson is honest and asks for help he will make it, its NO accident that he has, despite the setbacks, been a success recently.

Its not as simple as whether he uses or not. I would caution Mike fans to not take it as a betrayal, Mike has been doing better and is in the right path. Dude is trying and when you try you get results. screw ups and all!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Its not unusual for an individual to relapse with addiction problems...It will probably happen again! But....the way it is handled is the important issue. If Tyson is honest and asks for help he will make it, its NO accident that he has, despite the setbacks, been a success recently.

Its not as simple as whether he uses or not. I would caution Mike fans to not take it as a betrayal, Mike has been doing better and is in the right path. Dude is trying and when you try you get results. screw ups and all!
      I agree. The most important thing is that he us surrounded by the right people.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        who caught his embrace with teddy that was a site to see

Btw, can't believe boxingscene didn't do a story on this. I am almost considering writing it up myself and submitting it for the main page.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          I hope it turns out well for him... He sounds really dejected & down on himself. He obviously is very troubled by his past mistakes, he lost a child & he just can't seem to keep it together in the spotlite. He sounds like he really needs to get away from boxing & the spotlite but when everyone on the planet knows you it is pretty tough...i thought he was about to cry & he had trouble counting the days he had been sober for...fame destroyed this man. Sure wish he stayed with rooney... I wonder how things would have went then?

Where would he be now if not for boxing? Fame was just a by-product of his success. I think he would be dead a long time ago if not for fame.

Its such a strange thing with Tyson. So complex its difficult to know where to start, but ive never known a human being who has admitted to be such a bad guy, yet in doing so makes everyone love him more. They even make all the excuses for him.
          It seems his APPARENT sincerity is always his winning ticket as far as public image goes. In a way i think its incredibly rare, and honourable, but the cynical side of me thinks he knows exactly what he is doing. Who knows what he is really like?
          I do wish him the best, but i never know what to make of him. When he says he can be a really bad guy its not just self abasing atonement. I think its for real, and therefore i can never totally respect him, whether how honest he seems.

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post

Btw, can't believe boxingscene didn't do a story on this. I am almost considering writing it up myself and submitting it for the main page.
          True.
          Id like to hear Teddys version. It didnt look like he had the time for Tyson. Id say Teddy, like me, thinks Tyson knows when to say the right thing and its difficult to judge when he is being sincere.

Comment

At least hes opened up and admitted it. Now he can get the help he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post

I'm glad i saw this... It's hard to believe this is mike tyson... If i die tomorrow i was overpaid... This is such a strange way to host your first event but i will always remember this interview. I think this whole event is good for boxing. I don't know why but the press conference was interesting. He's been through lots the last 25 years...he just wants to be good... I'm old enough to have watched his entire career unfold...

Comment

Really sad to hear, and also the Morrison news...

Comment

Sad watching that, I can only hope all goes well for him. He was doing well too, he's actually in much better shape than he was years ago.

Comment

he's bi-polar as they get and now a (recovering) addict at that...I respect Tyson for opening up like that and expressing his thoughts and feelings and all... but who knows what goes on in his head... reminds me of The Hulk in the movie Avengers... he's "always mad", regardless of anything

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      fuk this im tired of him, a bully in and out of the ring and yet there are plenty of guys who whooped his ass, on both sides of the rope lol
                      takes a special kind of $cumbag to make a comment like that AND put an LOL at the end. i feel sorry for you. you obviously have as much anger as Mike in you but clearly aren't big enough to admit it yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X