Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It ****ing sucks..realizing your mortality is a mfr

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
      People are always fixated with age. Always looking ahead and never living in the now. Then when they wake up and realize everything flew by because they didnt appreciate the past. I think the "your only as old as you feel" is true as hell. Soon as i feel i need a danm cane or something then ill call it a day
      Your reply reminded of the quote from the movie Blow, "Life passes most people by while theyre making grand plans for it"

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
        People are always fixated with age. Always looking ahead and never living in the now. Then when they wake up and realize everything flew by because they didnt appreciate the past. I think the "your only as old as you feel" is true as hell. Soon as i feel i need a danm cane or something then ill call it a day

You're a young dude, but that's some really good advice you shared.

I always felt depressed that I wasn't accomplished enough in my 20s which was stupid as hell. You'll always have older assh*les or even some your age who will make you feel that way. And it's usually always from people who had kids way too early or people who went to college and started a career that they absolutely hate.

That's the irony. They hate they're lives, but try to make you think they have accomplished more because you haven't "experienced" what they have.

Don't fall for that ****. Live life the way you choose. And **** a lot of women, like my boy Zaroku says.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          I'm 29, still feel and look young, but I'm ever more aware of the ticking clock. In a little over a decade I'll be 40; that's terrifying, because the past decade flew by.

Saying that, I have no kids, so I'm basically still 22.
          Time seems likes its going faster every year. We re almost half way thru this year, New years seems like it was yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            It ****ing sucks..realizing your mortality is a mfr
            If you're around 35, and a male living in the United States, you're about halfway through your life already.

I have a few more years to go to get to that point, but it's ****ing crazy to think about your ride being halfway over when you're still actively having fun.

I find myself much more interested in existentialism these days than I did when I was 21.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Not married, mid 30s, no kids - need to decide what I'm going to do. I've been focusing on studying and passing the CPA exam this year and progressing with my career. I'm in good shape professionally but money isn't everything, I guess.
              Don't fret miss COUGAR I can get you pregnant .....

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                If you're around 35, and a male living in the United States, you're about halfway through your life already.

I have a few more years to go to get to that point, but it's ****ing crazy to think about your ride being halfway over when you're still actively having fun.

I find myself much more interested in existentialism these days than I did when I was 21.

Same..alot of self reflection and preservation in my head these days

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  Same..alot of self reflection and preservation in my head these days
                  Well, I guess it's good to know that it's not just me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post

Halfway if you're lucky.

And this 2nd half ain't gonna be no picnic either.

Prostate exams
                    Lower libido
                    Gray hair or hair loss
                    Eyesite or hearing impairment
                    Loss of memory

Ain't looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                      Halfway if you're lucky.

And this 2nd half ain't gonna be no picnic either.

Prostate exams
                      Lower libido
                      Gray hair or hair loss
                      Eyesite or hearing impairment
                      Loss of memory

Ain't looking forward to it.
                      Well...damn. Now you've gone and made this even more depressing.

On that note, I've already made the decision to take myself out of the game whenever it gets to be too much for me to deal with. I don't have kids nor have I ever wanted them, so that kinda frees me up a bit to make that decision. My family and girlfriend have all been made aware since 2012 when I had my first brush with my mortality.

I'm not going to be ****ting myself in to delirium in a nursing home full of strangers. **** that.

Comment

Working...
                      X