Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raskat's Christmas Boxing-History-Quiz !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plot thickens...

Surprised no one mentioned the most recent of the southpaw champions.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I did post my answers to the quiz in this thread

Go and look at post #12.
      Duuuuuhhhh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Ouch! U WILL be kicking yourself for that because i know u know it! Im as bad mate i forgot Harry...THE Harry Greb's moniker! Im giving myself a break though because i am more than a lil drunk! Lol

Merry Xmas Dan! Hope u and yours enjoyed the hols
        The worst part about it is I was watching both the first and second Patterson-Johansson fights literally about 3 days ago

Really kicking myself about that. I'm stunned I got it wrong

Merry Christmas to you too, mate. Hope you had a great holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
          I made a Boxing History Quiz for the Boxing Historians of the History Section.
          32 Questions -Rules: Don't use boxrec or any other help. And don't read the answers of other people in this thread before doing the quiz yourself.
          Thank you.

[everybody who does the quiz fair and square will get 1 million points from me]

1. Against which fighter did Oscar de la Hoya win the WBO Middleweight Championship oft he world ? Felix Sturm

2. Who was the first guy to knock down Roy Jones Jr. in the pros ? Lou DeValle

3. One of the most famous trilogies of all time was between Rocky Graziano and whom ….? Zale? Probably wrong about that one.

4. Which hall of famer was called the „Pittsburgh Windmill“ ?

5. Did Jameel McCline ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? No.

6. There are only 5 southpaws who won a Heavyweight World Championship in boxing history. Name at least 3 of them ! Michael Moorer, Ingemar Johansson? Don't know who else.

7. Who won the heavyweight tournament which was staged by the WBA after Muhammad Ali was stripped of his title for refusing to go to the military ? Joe Frazier

8. Which one of those is a southpaw ? - a.) Mike McCallum b.) Lloyd Honeyghan c.) Michael Nunn d.) Donald Curry

9. One of the most famous trilogies ever occurred between Barney Ross and whom ?

10. True or False: Floyd Mayweather Senior fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the Welterweight Championship of the World. True.

11. True or False: Randall „Tex“ Cobb knocked out Earnie Shavers in the pros. True.

12. Against whom did Muhammad Ali fight in his pro debut?

13. How many times did Sonny Liston defend the heavyweight title before losing it to Muhammad Ali? – a.) once b.) 5 times c.) 10 times B. 5 times

14. Who was the first Heavyweight Champion who broke the rule „they never come back“ which means that he regained the heavyweight title after losing it ?

15. What was Archie Moore’s nickname ?
          The Old Mongoose.
          16. Against whom did Sugar Ray Leonard win the WBC light heavyweight World Championship?

17. Before losing the title to Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler had 12 successful middleweight title defenses. Only one of those 12 opponents was able to last the distance with Hagler- who was it ? Roberto Duran

18. Who was the trainer of disgraced boxer Luis Resto, who removed padding in his gloves before his fight against Billy Collins Jr. in 1983 ? Panama Lewis.

19. Who was the first southpaw to win a mayor World Heavyweight Title?

20. Who did Henry Armstrong fight when he tried to win the Middleweight Championship of the World and only got a draw ?

21. Who did Timothy Bradley beat to win his first World Title at light welterweight?

22. True or False: The father of Teddy Atlas was a lawyer.

23. Former Tyson trainer Kevin Rooney fought one Hall of Fame boxer in his pro career and got stopped in the second round. Which hall of famer was it? Alexis Arguello.

24. What was Azumah Nelson‘s nickname?
          The Professor
          25. To which opponent did Muhammad Ali repeatedly say „what is my name, what is my name?“ during the fight because he called Ali by his old name „Cassius Clay“ before the fight ? Can't remember but I think it took place in the Astrodome. Ellis?

26. Why was Henry Akinwande disqualified in his Heavyweight Title fight against Lennox Lewis? Would not stop holding.

27. Hall of famer Matthew Saad Muhammad had 8 successful title defenses oft he WBC light heavyweight title. Against whom did he lose the title in his 9th title defense? Dwight Muhammed Qawi

28. Who of these 4 fighters is part of MENSA , the organization for people who have scored in the highest 2 % of takers in an IQ test ? – a.) Eddie Mustafa Muhammad b.) Sugar Ray Leonard c.) Bobby Czyz d .) Jean-Marc Mormeck

29. Who of those 4 Hall of Famers was murdered ? - a.) Barney Ross b.) Lou Ambers c.) Stanley Ketchel d.) Joe Gans C. Stanley Ketchel. I think he was shot.

30. How old was Harry Greb when he died? - a.) 32 b.) 62 c.) 92

31. How did French Middleweight Legend and Hall of Famer Marcel Cerdan die ?

32. Who are the only 2 fighters Kostya Tsyzu lost to in his professional career ? Cool Vince Phillips and Ricky Hatton
          Maybe I need to change my username. The hell kind of historian am I seeing how I can barely answer half of these some of which I'm probably wrong about.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I did post my answers to the quiz in this thread

Go and look at post #12.
            damn. You are right

Comment

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
              Maybe I need to change my username. The hell kind of historian am I seeing how I can barely answer half of these some of which I'm probably wrong about.
              Hey you knew quite some stuff.
              I sent you the million points.
              Btw if anybody didn't get the points for participating in the quiz, let me know, maybe I forgot about one of you guys.

Comment

Working...
              X