No announcement yet.

Jose Rematch with Conor Mcgregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Rematch with Conor Mcgregor

Jose Aldo wants a rematch with Conor McGregor after the Irishman became the first man to knock him out 13 seconds into their title fight on Saturday.

He should rematch the first guy who beat him, then fight McGregor if he really cares about avenging losses.

Comment

Aldo should go up to 155, and prove his mettle and earn a fight on Conor's terms.

Connor don't want a part of that brutal weight cut anymore, and I don't blame him.

It's only fair if the rematch is on McGregor terms.

Aldo should have to beat a top contender at 155 first.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        Aldo should go up to 155, and prove his mettle and earn a fight on Conor's terms.

Connor don't want a part of that brutal weight cut anymore, and I don't blame him.

It's only fair if the rematch is on McGregor terms.

Aldo should have to beat a top contender at 155 first.

I've thought about this for a while and I think this is the best route for Aldo to take. He has nothing left to prove at 145. I know Pettis or Holloway would be solid wins for Aldo if he were to beat them, but a Conor rematch is not only for big money, but for legacy as well.

Not sure if Dana would give Aldo an immediate shot at Conor. Dana did a lot of favors for Conor because of the money he brings to the table, but if Aldo wants a shot at the 155 belt, I could see Dana playing the "you need to prove yourself at 155" card and he would make him give up his FW title before even fighting a tune up at 155.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          I've thought about this for a while and I think this is the best route for Aldo to take. He has nothing left to prove at 145. I know Pettis or Holloway would be solid wins for Aldo if he were to beat them, but a Conor rematch is not only for big money, but for legacy as well.

Not sure if Dana would give Aldo an immediate shot at Conor. Dana did a lot of favors for Conor because of the money he brings to the table, but if Aldo wants a shot at the 155 belt, I could see Dana playing the "you need to prove yourself at 155" card and he would make him give up his FW title before even fighting a tune up at 155.
          i wouldn't put it past dana to tell aldo to first beat khabib to get to conor.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            i wouldn't put it past dana to tell aldo to first beat khabib to get to conor.

Lol, I wouldn't either.

Dana hyped Aldo a lot when he first joined the UFC, but didn't care much for him after he realized Aldo couldn't draw outside of Brazil.

Comment

I understand his side, but as a fan that rematch holds lil appeal right now & I think Conor is likely at 155 or above from here out so if Aldo wants the fight he's probably gonna need to tack on 10 more lbs.

Comment

Working...
              X