No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Cherry Picking Exposed Chris Algieri (EGO RANT),

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    He's not a bad opponent. Just not a very good one. Has fought one decent opponent in his career and won in controversial fashion...and not at welter either. Most of his opponents have a losing record. Forgive me if I don't list reasons like "he's cute" as to why he's not a cherry-pick.
    nothing controversial about that win imo and he looked a lot better beating provo than guys like bradley (top p4p'er) did. and pac isn't a natural welter either. in fact algieri is MUCH bigger than pac.

and who cares if most of his opponents from the past had losing records. so what? he has proven himself against provo (a really good fighter), didn't he?

every great fighter starts off somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      why? explain yourself.

didn't people use to say that anyone with good movement and works behind a jab can frustrate pacquiao?
      Who are "people"?

Why does this myth exist that all you need is "movement" to beat Pacquaio?

You need to be a good counter puncher firstly, Algeri is not a good counter puncher.

You need to have very good timing, Algeri doesn't have that.

This will be one of Pacquaio's easiest nights work. Probably a shut out.

Comment

nothing controversial about that win imo and he looked a lot better beating provo than guys like bradley (top p4p'er) did. and pac isn't a natural welter either. in fact algieri is MUCH bigger than pac.

and who cares if most of his opponents from the past had losing records. so what? he has proven himself against provo (a really good fighter), didn't he?
        Pac has been at welter since 2009. He's a welter. Algieri has not been at welter. Provodnikov is decent and Algieri's win over him was controversial, regardless of what you think. He's done nothing else and faced no one else. It's a cherry-pick and only you and 14 other people are gonna pay for it. Deal with it.

Comment

Awful fight when you look at the top 10 in pacs own division. Your a ww champ fight ww not a 150 guy who fought on espn this year. Im tired of the "he tall n can jab doe"... If thats all u need to beat pac then he wouldnt be who he is

Comment

explain to me why algieri is a bad opponent.
            Most of his fights are either 4 or 6 rounders has only fought 1 , 10 rd fight and No 12 rd fights in his career.

All of his fights were in New York his home town and all against bums with plenty of losses except Provo. Has never fought at WW before,plus he only has like 8 KO's (All TKO's) he is tall so what? Why didn't Pacquiao fight someone like Amir Khan,Guerreo or Luis Carlos Abregu?

Algeri won a close (debatable) fight against Provo and was knocked down on his arse, so what? winning one close fight doesn't mean you're a proven fighter since he's not been tested in a full 12 rd fight and HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVERRRR FOUGHT AT WW.

GTFOH, Bible bashing moron/.

Comment

I think this is a lot more difficult of a fight than people realize. It's a legit fight. The problem here is nots PPV worthy. This should be a regular HBO fight. PPV should be solely for the purpose of huge fights and this isn't huge.

It's a risky fight for Pacquiao. Even if he wins, unless it's by KO chances are he won't look great because of Chris's style. I actually think Ruslan would have been an easier fight, at least stylistically speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Who are "people"?

Why does this myth exist that all you need is "movement" to beat Pacquaio?

You need to be a good counter puncher firstly, Algeri is not a good counter puncher.

You need to have very good timing, Algeri doesn't have that.

This will be one of Pacquaio's easiest nights work. Probably a shut out.
                by people i mean the doubters.

algieri doesn't have good timing and counter punching? he showed pretty good timing and counter punching at times against provo (i think you need to rewatch the fight). he showed very good movement and defense as well to keep away from provo's power shots.

algieri's height, reach and movement alone will frustrate pac and give him a lot of problems.

bradley had a lot of success when he stuck to moving and jabbing pac in their fights and algieri has proved he is a master at this.

Comment

again, algieri's fight against provo was not debatable. algieri won fair and square. he beat provo far better than bradley did.

Originally posted by Lalaland View Post
                  Most of his fights are either 4 or 6 rounders has only fought 1 , 10 rd fight and No 12 rd fights in his career.

All of his fights were in New York his home town and all against bums with plenty of losses except Provo. Has never fought at WW before,plus he only has like 8 KO's (All TKO's) he is tall so what? Why didn't Pacquiao fight someone like Amir Khan,Guerreo or Luis Carlos Abregu?

Algeri won a close (debatable) fight against Provo and was knocked down on his arse, so what? winning one close fight doesn't mean you're a proven fighter since he's not been tested in a full 12 rd fight and HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVERRRR FOUGHT AT WW.

GTFOH, Bible bashing moron/.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Pac has been at welter since 2009. He's a welter. Algieri has not been at welter. Provodnikov is decent and Algieri's win over him was controversial, regardless of what you think. He's done nothing else and faced no one else. It's a cherry-pick and only you and 14 other people are gonna pay for it. Deal with it.
                    He should have fought him at 140 since Pac claims he's moving down after anyways. I think this is at 144? Might as well just do the 140 move now.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      He should have fought him at 140 since Pac claims he's moving down after anyways. I think this is at 144? Might as well just do the 140 move now.
                      He can't move down to 140 or I assume he would've. I wouldn't even advise it at this stage. Anyway, this fight gets the gas face from me. Maybe Algieri can cause problems. On paper, however, it's a terrible mismatch and the PPV #'s are going to reflect it.

Comment

Working...
                      X