No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Cherry Picking Exposed Chris Algieri (EGO RANT),

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Maybe. He comes in over 150 these days. I'm not sure it's to his advantage to move down. Either way, he's a legit welter and I don't think he should take that backward step.
    Time will tell (if he moves down to 140 after).

Yeah, on paper it's a mismatch. He's never faced an elite fighter, let alone an ATG.
    We can lost a million of example of guys who never fought an elite fighter and won.

When I say "on paper" I'm referring to the style match up of the fighters, their sizes, where they are in their careers (prime vs past prime), etc. This isn't some Garcia vs Salka blatant mismatch. Chris is a legit fighter. He has legit boxing skills. On paper, I don't see anyway possible how this fight is a walk on the park for Pacquiao.

I do like this fight too. Im glad the guy who won is getting rewarded, instead of a guy coming off a loss (like we've seen too many times before). Again though, the problem here is it's not PPV worthy.

Comment

Pacquiao is actually one of my fav. fighters but his dumb fans disgust me, they're so annoying and puts you off.

Everyone knows this fight is a cherrypick, this is a irrefutable fact.

Comment

He was 150 for the first one and weighed in at his heaviest (147) for the second. I'm pretty sure he was 150-151 on fight night for that too.
        Bradley was 145.5 and Manny 145 for the second weigh just did a quick Google search. .couldn't find the fight night weights. Wouldn't surprise me if he was 150. Manny and Floyd still are considered smaller welters at least come fight night at least weight wise.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          Time will tell (if he moves down to 140 after).

We can lost a million of example of guys who never fought an elite fighter and won.

When I say "on paper" I'm referring to the style match up of the fighters, their sizes, where they are in their careers (prime vs past prime), etc. This isn't some Garcia vs Salka blatant mismatch. Chris is a legit fighter. He has legit boxing skills. On paper, I don't see anyway possible how this fight is a walk on the park for Pacquiao.

I do like this fight too. Im glad the guy who won is getting rewarded, instead of a guy coming off a loss (like we've seen too many times before). Again though, the problem here is it's not PPV worthy.
          When I say on paper, I'm referring to their resume. That's what's on paper. And on paper, it's a mismatch. Yeah it's possible that it isn't...but that's why we're discussing on paper. Just because a guy jabs and skips around the ring doesn't automatically mean he beats Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

i don't even know what that means. i don't drink milk.

Comment

Algieri has one good win and he gets all these accolades that he is a threat to Pac. He is still unknown in how can he do with a fighter with Pac's caliber.

Provo comes forward and punches when he is close range, Taylor was no different. Pac is a totally different fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Bradley was 145.5 and Manny 145 for the second weigh just did a quick Google search. .couldn't find the fight night weights. Wouldn't surprise me if he was 150. Manny and Floyd still are considered smaller welters at least come fight night at least weight wise.
                You're right -- I was thinking of the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalaland View Post
                  Pacquiao is actually one of my fav. fighters but his dumb fans disgust me, they're so annoying and puts you off.

Everyone knows this fight is a cherrypick, this is a irrefutable fact.
                  then explain yourself. if you're going to trash this fight then at least give your reasoning as to why it's so bad other than algieri is unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                    i don't even know what that means. i don't drink milk.
                    Don't worry, a lot of things go over your head. Probably wouldn't if you weren't on your knees so much.

Comment

You're right -- I was thinking of the first fight.
                      pac is not a natural welterweight. algieri is more of a natural welterweight than pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X