No announcement yet.

Punch drunkenness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing Monthly, Oct 2015 issue:

[… the WBC has launched a programme designed to eliminate the use of illegal substance by boxers … It is meant to educate boxers on the dangers of taking performance-enchancing drugs …]

Hey, boxers, don’t take PEDs, it might ruin your health.

Yes, we don’t want PEDs in sports. But … out of a health aspect, perhaps boxing isn’t the first thing we should recommend young guys to take up …
    Last edited by Ben Bolt; 10-22-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Yeah they might want to mention that even with gloves, getting punched in the head and body isn't too healthy for you either haha.

Comment

Gerald BcClelan surely, the guy barely recovered, then again, dunno if that's labeleld as punch drunk.

Comment

pugilistica dementia............

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
            I think it's Too many gym wars. Certainly is the only explanation I have for pernell whitaker
            Don't forget cocaine.

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
              I think it's Too many gym wars. Certainly is the only explanation I have for pernell whitaker
              I’ve heard of Joe Frazier and Terry Norris regularly having sparring sessions that were identical with a real fight (Norris completing 12-rounders), i.e. both men in the ring would give and take 100 per cent.
              And Pernell too? Any others?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Gerald BcClelan surely, the guy barely recovered, then again, dunno if that's labeleld as punch drunk.
                No, what McClellan suffers from is way past punch drunk.

Comment

Let's not forget King Leon, Leon Spinks. His slurs would put Paul Newman to shame.

Comment

Even the once sharp and bright Shane Mosley is now totally slurring his speech. I suppose that's from going way above his normal weight and taking lots of punishment.

Comment

And making a comeback/sticking around too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X