Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with all the "Guerrero deserves the shot against Floyd"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
    Lol at Canelo being high risk. But I'll stop posting and go back to enjoying the thread.
    So if (according to you) Canelo ISN'T a high risk opponent, and he offers Floyd a MUCH bigger payday than Guerrero, what's the problem? Are you telling me that Floyd has done a 180 and would rather face a more difficult opponent in Guerrero for less money?

Comment

• His only two options right now are Guerrero and Canelo. Guerrero has done more to get the fight. Let Canelo beat a Trout, Molina, Lara/Vanes, Kirkland, Angulo first. Guerrero is a top ranked WW, and he gets crap for fighting him. I agree I'm not crazy about it and it's not a huge win, but it'll be a solid one.

Ortiz and Guerrero (if it happens) were both top 3 WW's at the time Floyd fought them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        So if (according to you) Canelo ISN'T a high risk opponent, and he offers Floyd a MUCH bigger payday than Guerrero, what's the problem? Are you telling me that Floyd has done a 180 and would rather face a more difficult opponent in Guerrero for less money?
        I think Floyd wants Canelo to actually do something first. He literally has no legit wins over top ranked fighters at his weight.

Comment

Something I've noticed about Floyd fans.

When his opponent is perceived as low risk/high reward, he gets praised for making "smart business decisions". Example: Choosing Baldomir over Margarito. When his opponent is perceived as high risk its "what has he done to earn a shot at Floyd. Example: Canelo. Or "Floyd would beat him anyway".
          baldomir was considered the champ of the division at the time also.
          people like you just decide who you feel is a a big enough threat to floyd and decide he has to fight said person because you said but who are you and who told you that you have the golden eye that shows who is a bigger threat to floyd.
          beating aydin and berto is better than anything canelo has done

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            baldomir was considered the champ of the division at the time also.
            people like you just decide who you feel is a a big enough threat to floyd and decide he has to fight said person because you said but who are you and who told you that you have the golden eye that shows who is a bigger threat to floyd.
            beating aydin and berto is better than anything canelo has done
            It wasnt my opinion alone that Marg was a much bigger threat to Floyd than Baldomir. It was the opinion of about 85% of all posters here according to a poll. Funny how it was ok back then because Baldomir was the "smarter business decision". Now all of a sudden Floyd's fans have principals and want Floyd to only fight opponents who have truly "earned" and "deserve" a shot at Floyd.

Comment

It wasnt my opinion alone that Marg was a much bigger threat to Floyd than Baldomir. It was the opinion of about 85% of all posters here according to a poll. Funny how it was ok back then because Baldomir was the "smarter business decision". Now all of a sudden Floyd's fans have principals and want Floyd to only fight opponents who have truly "earned" and "deserve" a shot at Floyd.
              was baldomir not the lineal champ?

Comment

• If you have a problem with Guerrero not doing enough to deserve it, tell me, what did Cotto do, Ortiz, Mosley, etc. No one seemingly deserves the shot but you gotta go with the next in line and Guerrero's recent wins are as valid, if not more, than the last 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                  was baldomir not the lineal champ?
                  Yes. He became the lineal champ by beating Judah. Doesnt mean he was more of a threat and a bigger challenge at the time than Margarito. He was a journeyman with 11 losses who went on to lose 3 of his next 5 fights after Floyd. Belts and titles dont make a fighter. Anyone can win a belt.

The Floydboy defense back then was that he was making $1 more to face Baldomir and it was the smarter business decision.
                  Last edited by Deevel916; 12-21-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• @MrRolltide91

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                    he probably didn't at first since he was in jail. now he probably does.
                    lololol, I almost just pissed myself. Good shit man, good shit, that was a funny one.

Comment

Yes. He became the lineal champ by beating Judah. Doesnt mean he was more of a threat and a bigger challenge at the time than Margarito. He was a journeyman with 11 losses who went on to lose 3 of his next 5 fights after Floyd. Belts and titles dont make a fighter. Anyone can win a belt.

The Floydboy defense back then was that he was making $1 more to face Baldomir and it was the smarter business decision.
                      To be honest though, Floyd was gunning for Mosley more than anyone at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X