Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the blue lonsdale gloves are getting pretty good reviews if you check out youtube. id get them.

the other lonsdales are more like amateur competition gloves

Comment

• Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
      1. Winning.

2. Grant.

The rest.

Honestly, my personal favorite is Grant. I just love their design. Winning is pretty much rated as #1 because of the protection and quality but I can't tell you from experience as I've never owned anything from them.

I am just thinking what to order (design wise) and haven't decided yet but they're the company which I am gonna buy my stuff from. Check out some of their product: https://www.facebook.com/GrantBoxing?ref=ts

So far, I'm thinking to order this:
      Have you e-mailed them yet and did they respond? I e-mailed them and they responded to my first message, but none after that. Someone else in another thread said their customer service is pitiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
        @freddie
        do you know what those 3 items would cost you?

anyway

#1 winning
        #2 grant

i also like hayabusa, rival, reyes, ringside
        I sent them an email asking what it would cost me but they still haven't replied yet.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I'd go with the red, black and gold. The white/gold looks too glamorous and ghey....

BTW, does anyone have any input on my Lonsdale boxing glove query?..
        I do like the red, black, and gold but I really like the white and gold as well. The only thing about the white ones I don't like is that they might get dirty quicker.

Originally posted by 510hustler View Post
        Have you e-mailed them yet and did they respond? I e-mailed them and they responded to my first message, but none after that. Someone else in another thread said their customer service is pitiful.
        I did. I emailed them a few times before and they replied right away but the last email I sent to them asking for the price of a set, still no answer from them. Which email did you use to email them?

Comment

• i have talked to them (the grant owner) before when i spent about 1k on boxing gear. i told him i was gonna get winning gloves and he said grant is better and stuff. the custom gloves cost about 300 bucks so i basically told him to **** off and that i would buy winning gear instead

grant custom gear is extremely expensive. go get winning gear instead. although they just raised prices a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post

I did. I emailed them a few times before and they replied right away but the last email I sent to them asking for the price of a set, still no answer from them. Which email did you use to email them?
            Well on twitter they just told me their customs department is on vacation until January 2. I'll give it one more try, after that I'm not wasting anymore time.

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
            i have talked to them (the grant owner) before when i spent about 1k on boxing gear. i told him i was gonna get winning gloves and he said grant is better and stuff. the custom gloves cost about 300 bucks so i basically told him to **** off and that i would buy winning gear instead

grant custom gear is extremely expensive. go get winning gear instead. although they just raised prices a lot
            Inflation is no joke, . How good is Winning? I see a lot of Pros use it for training, but not in their actual fights. What's up with that? If I had the bread I would get the Winnings and those Mizunos that Marquez and Margarito wear.

Comment

• winning easily has the best boxing gear. especially in terms of quality, comfort and protection. it was very expensive before but now its even more expensive. i dont know. if you can afford them i'd definitely get the winning gloves. otherwise there are really good gloves out there for about 100 bucks. like 350 bucks for a pair of gloves is crazy.

most boxers/champions use winning when they train because its the best gear and offers the best protection. they dont use the gloves in competition because the padding wasn't made to hurt people and cut skin, the padding is very protective. it protects your hands extremely well but also the face of your opponent. they are the best sparring gloves and bag gloves at the same time. so thats why almost nobody uses them for competition, because its more of a disantvantage except for the fighters with brittle hands. mayweather used the winning gloves once against zab judah to protect his brittle hands but then switched to grant again because winning dont do a lot of damage. the only guy i know that uses winning gloves is saul alvarez. well actually he used to. in his last fight he wore grant gloves because like i said they do a lot more damage. so right now nobody really uses winning fighting gloves. but when they train they all use winning gloves

Comment

• Cool thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to scrap up some change to get the Winning's. So expensive though, at this rate boxing is going to be more expensive than playing golf.

Comment

• Originally posted by 510hustler View Post
                  Well on twitter they just told me their customs department is on vacation until January 2. I'll give it one more try, after that I'm not wasting anymore time.
                  My goodness..

I asked them: How much would it cost me if I wanted to order the training set, (regular headgear, regular fould protector and 14 oz Gloves) in white/metallic Gold Fusion?

Their response: $1250 plus shipping.

I'm just going to order the regular ones they got on Ringside. Forget custom gloves.

Comment

• So I'm guessing that's the price WITHOUT customization? Good lord. I'm getting in touch with Earner who works for Everlast, hopefully he can help me out. I want some custom trunks. I'll update you guys on how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 510hustler View Post
                      So I'm guessing that's the price WITHOUT customization? Good lord. I'm getting in touch with Earner who works for Everlast, hopefully he can help me out. I want some custom trunks. I'll update you guys on how it goes.
                      Here is their website which has stuff without customization.
                      http://www.ringside.com/ringside/grant-boxing.html

Comment

Working...
                      X