No announcement yet.

Is Mickey Garcia out pricing himself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mickey Garcia out pricing himself?

Apparently Mickey is asking for more money than hbo is willing to pay him to face Gamboa. I wish I could copy the link embed but with the iPad is impossible.

Sounds like the escape is in full effect

https://twitter.com/m_ragingbabe/sta...72832374276096

I hope this is b/s this diva **** is getting old.

Comment

Or Gamboa is asking too much from the pie and not leaving enough for what Garcia deserves.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-23-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I really want to see Gamboa and Garcia in a compelling fight already. It doesn't even have to be with each other, but I'm sick of seeing them outclass their opponents with ease.

Comment

Gamboa getting offered more from HBO. They know Gamboa's half the draw. No one's trying to watch Mikey fight stiff ass boxers anymore.

Comment

There is no way to know if either is pricing himself out right now. Negotiations are a continuous process. There's still plenty of time.

Comment

Man if this fight doesn't happen I am going to be royally pissed.

Comment

I would do the same thing. Gamboa is pretty much a lose/lose situation.
                He beats Gamboa and most casual fans won't even care or know who the hell Gamboa is.
                He's a dangerous fighter with no draw. So pay Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                  I would do the same thing. Gamboa is pretty much a lose/lose situation.
                  He beats Gamboa and most casual fans won't even care or know who the hell Gamboa is.
                  He's a dangerous fighter with no draw. So pay Garcia.
                  Hbo is not going to pay for b side competition anymore according to Steve Kim like Burgos and rocky. Most casual fans won't care no matter who he beats because he doesn't have that type of appeal

Comment

Tweet reads Gamboa is earning more.

Why does Mikey deserve the short money when he has been fighting routinely on HBO?

OP do your job and copy paste what is actually said. You are implying that Mikey is running when in contrast he is asking more money aince he is offered less being the champ/a-side.

Comment

Working...
                    X