3. SRL
    4. mayorga
    5. james toney
    6. roy jones
    7. tyson
    8. oscar
    9. hatton
    10. hopkins/morales

hard list to make just ten,,, i really like pretty much any boxer, but those listed are my faves
    Another Mayorga fan boy! me 2!! great minds are in the same gutter my friend!

Comment

for ever:

James Toney
      Pernell Whitaker
      Ricardo Mayorga
      Telepeo Stevenson
      James Braddock

Today fair weather fan

Bernard Hopkins
      Migeul Cotto
      Michael Nunn
      Lennox Lewis
      Joe Louis/Ali Tied

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        List (and rank, if you're so inclined) your top 10 favorite fighters of all time. These aren't necessarily those who are considered to be the greatest of all-time by popular opinion, just your personal favorites.

I realize that ranking them can be chore, so just list them if it's easier for you. Some of you have already listed them in your signature, if that's so, just refer to them with the minimum amount of characters required for a post.

Mine are (ranked):
        1. Roberto Durán
        2. Mike Tyson
        3. Muhammad Ali
        4. Joe Louis
        5. Ray Robinson
        6. Julio César Chavez (Sr.)
        7. Larry Holmes
        8. Alexis Arguello
        9. Aaron Pryor
        10. Riddick Bowe/Oscar De La Hoya (hopelessly deadlocked)
        In chronological order

Harry Greb
        Jack Dempsey
        Gene Tunney

Muhammad Ali
        Roberto Duran
        JCC
        Sweet Pea
        Mike Tyson
        Evander Holyfield
        RJJ
        Gatti

Shout outs to

Marciano
        Alexis Arguello
        Pacquiao
        Mayweather (his Money May persona annoys me to all hell - but he's awesome).
        GGG - I haven't felt this excited about a fighter since Gatti.

Comment

1-Arturo Gatti-The man had no quit in him. He was all heart. Those fights with Ward were pure magic.

2-Joe Calzaghe
          3-Carlos Monzon
          4-Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.
          5-Jake LaMotta
          6-Carmen Basilio
          7-Micky Ward
          8-Rocky Marciano
          9-Carl Froch
          10-Roberto Duran

I need to redo my Sig...When I made I just listed some fighters of the top of my head. I think I am going to take off the current fighters.

Honorable mentions: George Foreman,Marvin Hagler,Ricky Hatton,Ray Leonard,Joe Frazier

Comment

Apart from Darcy my favorite they are not ranked in preference because I can't separate about 25 fighters who all should be listed but I'll give it a go and try to put the most deserving in, if that's even possible. There are many I really admire and a few I never could stand for more than a minute. 1. Les Darcy........ 2. to 10 ........ Willie Pep... Joe Gans..... Rocky Marciano.... Carmen Basilio..... Tony DeMarco........ Sugar Ray Robinson.
            ...... Kostya Tszyu......... Sam Langford........... Battling Nelson......... (if I did list last week some different names may appear, leaving the Ike Williams's and Beau Jack and I really wanted to have Daniel Mendoza and a couple other bare knuckle London Prize Ring Rules fighters but I kept the list pure Marquis Of Queensbury).

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              Another Mayorga fan boy! me 2!! great minds are in the same gutter my friend!
              I love all the Mayorga type boxers and can't stand boring shytes that's why I love the Battling Nelson types, of which type you can certainly include Mayorga but Nelson is the prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                Favorites. But in no real order:

1) Jersey Joe Walcott

2) Larry Holmes

3) Muhammad Ali

4) Mike Tyson

5) Sugar Ray Robinson

6) Sugar Ray Leonard

7) Nazeem Hamed (probably a big surprise. But for 6 or 7 years only a Tyson fight made me look more forward to the weekend's boxing!)

8) Chris Eubank

9) Roy Jones Jnr

10) Jack Dempsey / Floyd Patterson (sorry can't split!)
                Thanks for putting Jersey Joe Walcott's name up there as I love that guy, one of my all time heros, his first fight with Marciano just about the best heavyweight title fight of all time and Joe was amazing until THAT punch. Just to clarify though mate as it is the history section,, do you mean the original welterweight who was simply frigging awesome or my mate the heavyweight ?

Comment

Originally posted by cleming View Post
                  1 Juan Manuel Marquez: great technician, tremendous heart, come from behind carrer
                  Bernard Hopkins: longevity, technicity, polarizing figure
                  Miguel Cotto: classy most of the time, never in a bad fight and I just love to watch him fight
                  Evander Holyfield: incredible warrior, incredible adversity, best cruiser of all time, has been in some of the best fights of all time
                  Tommy Hearns: the punch, the charisma, the heart
                  Marco Antonio Barrera:so ferocious, and so clever
                  Erik Morales: could have been a masterful boxer, just prefered to brawl (I don't care i they hate each other with MAB)
                  Arturo Gatti: no need to explain
                  Julio Cesar Chavez: a delight to watch, did everything perfectly in the ring, great man
                  Pernell Whitaker: in my opnion the most skilled and the best fighter i ever saw, very fun to watch, don't understand why some people say he was too defensive
                  Good call on Cotto and Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                    Thanks for putting Jersey Joe Walcott's name up there as I love that guy, one of my all time heros, his first fight with Marciano just about the best heavyweight title fight of all time and Joe was amazing until THAT punch. Just to clarify though mate as it is the history section,, do you mean the original welterweight who was simply frigging awesome or my mate the heavyweight ?

Ha ha, not the original Barbados Demon (who I would probably be a big fan of if there was any film).

But good old Arnold Cream himself Jersey Joe. When he was on form his boxing was simply beautiful, stylistically he 'might' be my favourite boxer of all time.

Comment

GGG, Mayweather, Calzaghe and Jones I like a lot too.

Comment

Working...
                      X