No announcement yet.

How long have you been watching?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you been watching?

How long have you been watching and what are some of the early moments since you started that you hold close and remember well.

In the 80's. Leonard Hearns I was a big night for me.

Comment

Been a fan my whole life. Didn't start following it closely till the mid 80's and got into the history of it in the early 90's. My earlirst memory was watching the 3rd Ali-Frazier fight with mt father. I was about 6 or so at the time. And this might sound corny but the first "Rocky" movie really magnified my interest in the sport.

Comment

Didn't start really following the sport until a few years ago.I've been a casual viewer since watching Naseem Hamed's much hyped American debut against Kevin Kelley back around Christmas time 97.

And even though they were retired by then,Chris Eubank and frank bruno were still very much in public eye at the time.

Comment

For me it was "The Super Fight," April 6, 1987 Leonard vs Hagler.

Comment

Been watching since around 1972-1973.....ABC's Wide World Of Sports on Saturdays showed guys like Roberto Duran and Antonio Cervantes fighting. Imagine that! ATG fighters in their primes fighting on FREE TV!!!!!

Poet

Comment

I started watching as a kid in the early seventies. My family was big sports fans but boxing was the sport that captured me.

Not the earliest but most memorable was Frazier-Ali I, everybody, everywhere was talking about it. at school, at the store, tv, radio. It was like the world cup, superbowl and world series rolled into one!

Comment

Foreman KOing Moorer when i was almsot 3

Comment

The first was Ali-Frazier 2 but i dont remember much, i was with my father, all i remember is that i wanted Ali to win.

Duran vs Leonard 1 would be the one i remember the most, i was 12 at the time, i wanted Duran to win cause he had that mean look in his eyes... what a great fight it was !
                  Last edited by Megamasterking; 07-18-2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LAkers85 View Post
                    For me it was "The Super Fight," April 6, 1987 Leonard vs Hagler.
                    I think this was the first boxing match I watched as well. Then, shortly after this, started watching Mike Tyson knocking everybody out and I was hooked for life. I appreciate good technical boxing, but I've always been a bigger fan of the big punchers and the warriors, guys like Tyson, Foreman, Holyfield, Chavez, Marciano, Cotto, Pacquiao, Barrera, guys that give it their all in there and leave it all in the ring, or guys that knock other guys the F*** out and do it quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X