Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30 Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165, Kell Brook 176!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dunn - I agree that HBO shouldve put their foot down and not bought Canelo v Smith. That said, once Canelo refused to fight GGG, then what? don't buy another GGG fight? My point is that, for his options, Brook isn't a bad challenge. It's not as if there are s many legit 160 lb challenegrs out there

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Golovkin signed to fight Eubank Jnr, a top 10 ranked MW. It was Brook's promoter who brought Kell in when Eubank wouldn't sign the contract.

Most people thought Jnr was a good opponent for GGG, but I didn't. Jnr is too green and doesn't have a good team behind him, like Brook has. I think Kell Brook will test Golovkin more than Jnr would have done.

Canelo relinquished his belt rather than fight. so fuck him, he isn't part of this equation.
      I get you like GGG and are looking at this as best you can but when you post this you look really bad.

You know that HBO isn't likely going to approve any tough fights for GGG between now and Canelo. Just 2-3 tuneups, the same thing you have been killing Ward for doing before Kov.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        Brook is fat
        Is he?

Sure he's put on some fat (judging by his midsection) but he also added some muscle. That or he just really had legit problems with making 147.

Not defending this fight, it's still **** and shouldn't be happening but the size here isn't the issue.

Golovkin's skillset and Brook's lack of experience at 160 is.

Comment

• Originally posted by animelive View Post
          Meh I think Eubank is underrated. He is definitely a pretty good an experienced fighter. Ofcourse he can use some more experience. But I like this fight mainly because the same people who were going "canelo done good, he is A side so he can fight khan, its fine" are now crying salt is real.
          Originally posted by rasdun View Post
          Exactly. Brook is a 5-1 underdog in the books. Guaranteed Eubank would've been a 20-1 underdog - for good reason. Bc he had no shot to win. Anyone that doesn't think Brook is a better fight than Eubank, I tend to question their boxing knowledge
          Jnr has a lot going for him in terms of strength, chin, size at the weight, and talent. But he was pushed into fighting Golovkin before he was ready for it by his dad, who doesn't seem to have any grasp on reality when it comes to his son. That's what worried me about Jnr fighting GGG.

Brook is different. He knows what he's getting into with GGG and he will have a game plan. He also has a hard-headed, realistic team in his corner and the head trainer will be calling the shots.
          Last edited by kafkod; 08-10-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
            "Just like Canelo-Khan doe"

"Too small doe"

"fight Ward"

"fight a name then fight canelo.... oops wait, wait dont fight a name, just fight ward"

"dont deserve canelo til u fight a star"

"catch 22 generic bull**** blah blah"

"dominic wade is a tomato can"
            These are all facts. Or are you just a biased idiot.

Comment

• The size advantage will show on fight night. This means nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                Big Dunn - I agree that HBO shouldve put their foot down and not bought Canelo v Smith. That said, once Canelo refused to fight GGG, then what? don't buy another GGG fight? My point is that, for his options, Brook isn't a bad challenge. It's not as if there are s many legit 160 lb challenegrs out there
                don't just blame Canelo. GGG kept taking step aside money prior to this. he didn't have to do that.

Yes, you hold HBO accountable and do not watch. I haven't watched a Stevenson fight in a while. I didn't watch the Ward/brand BS this week. I still watch other cards, fox, espn, soleo boxeo etc.

GGG's next 2-3 fights will be crap. Same as Canelo. Each fight will be 80/20-90/10 mismatches where Canelo or GGG look great to setup the Sept 2017 fight.

Brook is there for the same reason Kahn fought canelo-big name with no chance to win. Please lets not act Like Brook-whose 1 quality win is Porter-is a tough fight.

This isn't a case where the best WW has cleaned out the division and is going up like SRL/Hagler or Floyd/Canelo. Brook very well could lose to thurman, spence , kahn, or bradley.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-10-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Yet Hatton had no trouble making 140, he would just balloon up between fights.

Brook says he can't make 147 any more.

As you can see in photos, Brook and GGG are the same size.
                  So he couldn't make 147 anymore yet he was on negotiations with Vargas? so had he ever had to fight Vargas they would've fought @160? U know that's not true, in regards to your other sentence, It don't matter if they are the same size, Brook hasn't done **** above 147 let alone he's not top proven at 147.

This is a total mismatch, and you can't defend that.

Comment

• For those of you saying he put on lbs and lbs of muscle.... you're disillusioned. In the amount of time he had to prepare for this fight the amount some of you are suggesting he put on is highly unlikely in terms of human physiology without AAS. Especially for an athlete who's been training as long as he has. He'll basically end up looking like he's fight night at 147, at the 160 weigh in. So in the ring his physical advantages will just be he didn't have to dehydrate down prior. He'll basically be his 147lb self fight night in the ring at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      Assh0le, hatton was FAT during fights. This is how Brook was at today's weigh in, pure muscle:

Does your brain work?
                      **** that pure muscle bull****, he's not used to MW punchers, he will get destroyed, mismatch written all over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X