Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30 Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165, Kell Brook 176!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    What this says is that GGG is fighting in his actual weight class while Brook is starving/dehydrating himself to fight in a smaller weight class!

Does anyone have Brooks latest fight night weights?
    Totally agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      True. But Canelo could have come up to 157 or 158. I mean he walks around at probably 180-185 so what is the difference between boiling down to 155 or boiling down to 157?

I think with GGG it was more a point of principle. It was a fight for MW belts so make it at 160. Mis-guided from a legacy and business point of view. Spot on from a principle point of view. And of course, the fight is not totally lost - it can still be made down the road.
      Canelo is following the same (crooked) principles that have become part and parcel of how A-sides operate, and GGG can afford (for now) to stand on his principle of not budging from 160. Everyone has their principles until the money, among other factors, becomes too hard to ignore. I approve of GGG's no-catchweight stance, because catchweights led to MW's current state.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-10-2016, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        I guess because the main criticism of this fight is that GGG is fighting a WW and now we see how heavy Brook really is.

I'm sorry but if you weigh 175 1 month out, you're not a WW.
        If you can make 147 1 day before a fight, you a welterweight, period

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Well Golovin has to actually work to make weight whereas Broil is used to making 147 so he knows he'll be fine.
          GGG is only 5 lbs over 30 days out and you think he struggles to make 160? ok...LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            I think anybody with any sense knows Brook killed himself to make 147.

He's not a small guy, but that's not really the problem anyway. Brook is used to fighting Welterweights. He's not used to fighting hard hitting 160, and that's the problem. When we talk of jumping up two weight classes, it's not really about your own weight if you can carry it well, it's about the difference in opponents.
            That's what most of the people can't see, it don't matter if the dude is 200 and can make 160, he's used to fight 160 guys, totally different when you go up and fight guys who are acliimatted to fight at that class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakus View Post
              Really... Then explain why every single MW is hugely avoiding the 'biggest coward' in their own division?? Why are MW fighters vacating titles, paying huge step aside fees (Cotto, Canelo) to avoid fighting the 'biggest coward'?

You never have any factual information to support your childish statements. It's quite pathetic.
              Please don't even respond to a post like that. If someone wants to question GGG's competition, ok, let's debate that (although I'd disagree); but anyone that says hes a coward, much less the biggest one on the histry of boxing is clearly trolling

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                why does 30 day weight mean more to people then the fact Brook has never fought a quality opponent above 147?

This tells me Brook didn't stay in great shape between fights. he has 30 days to lose 15-16 lbs. he's going to get killed.
                Since he is in the 170's and already has a 6 pack, i dont think he didn't stay in shape. Its not like Khan, where he was pudgy.

Comment

Maxi and other GGG fans have been coomplaining for months that posters keep talking about Ward when the fight is dead.

Now that the subject is the putrid GGG/Brook cash grab what do they post about-Ward/GGG.

haha. where is One Punch and j0zef to tell Maxi to stop obsessing about GGG/ward. hahaha
                  I don't understand why people are killing GGG v Brook fight. Brook is an undefeated 147 lb titlist and one of the best welterweights in the world. Would I prefer to see Jacobs or Lara, sure. But lets not pretend that GGG had so many options for great fights at 160 and took the one 15 spots down on the list

Comment

was ward 175 when he tried to make the GGG fight? No so stop with the BS dude.
                    So when was the last time ward competed at 168 ? And when was all the controversy created with the ward golovkin on and off fight....ward had not boxed at 168 for two years so no he was not 168 and hadn't been that for two years...be consistent with the biased bull**** all the time...November 2013 was the last time ward competed at 168 and the ward golovkin saga happened in February 2015 ....as I said your right to condone golovkin for fighting brook but because it's ward your ok with it...be consistent ffs mr Dunn

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                      Golovtards are happy because a WW weighed 176 lbs for a fight that was signed at 160 a month ago.
                      I think the opposite, it looks like you and others are mad because Brook outweighted GGG for 11 pounds. You guys are crying and trying to make it look like he was carring rocks in his pockets during the weighting. You guys seem very upset because Brook destroyed your argument.

It's one thing to say that he's not acustomed fighting the elite middleweights, which is completely true and I doubt he can take GGG punches. But it's foolish to say he's a tiny blown up welterweight. Out of his 36 pro fights, Brook had 10 fight in small middleweight division! And it's not like the first time he said he can't make welterweight no more was after signing GGG fight. It's been a year or two since I started hearing he's killing himself to weight below 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X