Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're waiting for PBC to close its doors....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    This butt hurt little brit is always sucking.
    are you british? am I? i'm more confused than haymon trying to get fighters in the ring. "but i just paid you a million dollars why won't you fight anyone good!"

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      I'd like to see this change asap:

Haymon Fighter Activity in 2016:

This is unacceptable imo. So many fighters, so little of them actually fight and worse, the best rarely fight the best (frampton vs santa cruz is a good example of what they should be doing with all their fighters like thurman vs garcia etc etc). Anyways, I don't think anyone is holding their breath, just skeptical that anything will change since nothing that people promised or imagined has been delivered so far. Very underwhelmed with PBC thus far and I've been shown nothing to make believe vast improvements will come.
      I had no idea all these guys were under Haymon. That "one fight" list is embarrassing. We should be seeing much better fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        You are right that Haymon is looking for a TV deal no doubt about that and trying to really take control of the sport.

I don't agree though that he thought it would be easy, I think things are pretty much going the only way they could go. Haymon is a successful guy I can't think that he would think hey lets throw boxing on TV and it will all just work out great. He knew this path would be difficult, he might have hoped it would go a bit better but I don't think he was under any sort of illusion about this being a really long term project.
        This.

I mean if you put an ounce of reasonable thought into how one would do what Haymon is allegedly attempting you'd easily see this is a long term plan with several stages. No one on the planet was going to take any amount of money and throw it into boxing and "take it over" in the 18 or so months PBC has been around or the next 2 or 3 more years PBC will be around based on their initial plan.

This is gonna take awhile folks regardless if it's a success or failure.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          I'd like to see this change asap:

Haymon Fighter Activity in 2016:

This is unacceptable imo. So many fighters, so little of them actually fight and worse, the best rarely fight the best (frampton vs santa cruz is a good example of what they should be doing with all their fighters like thurman vs garcia etc etc). Anyways, I don't think anyone is holding their breath, just skeptical that anything will change since nothing that people promised or imagined has been delivered so far. Very underwhelmed with PBC thus far and I've been shown nothing to make believe vast improvements will come.
          Problem with this self-imposed inactivity is that most of them would want tuneups for their next fights. Self-imposed because we don't hear anyone of them complaining. It becomes a vicious cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
            Shut your dumbass up. You act like fighters are ****ing slaves and the promoters just throw them in there because they want to. Your the type of ****** to gloat about how a fighter makes alot of money instead of meaningful fights. ****ing dumbass. Always posting stupid ****. But i guess anything to protect and defend yo mass haymon
            LMFAO at my Opinion gave you a Menstrual Cycle. Calm Down just my opinion I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but you just turned into a straight up PU$$Y with the name calling and all that emotional ****

I defend fighters IN GENERAL my opinion was the same for Nicholas Walters when the Lomachenko fight didn't happen the first time. Why the fuk wouldn't anybody try to make the most money they can every time they fight in such a dangerous sport!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              LMFAO at my Opinion gave you a Menstrual Cycle. Calm Down just my opinion I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but you just turned into a straight up PU$$Y with the name calling and all that emotional ****

I defend fighters IN GENERAL
              my opinion was the same for Nicholas Walters when the Lomachenko fight didn't happen the first time. Why the fuk wouldn't anybody try to make the most money they can every time they fight in such a dangerous sport!
              That's what you think. In reality, you're only focused on certain fighters. What about the Salkas of the world who make Haymon fighters look good but make a fraction of the money? You even defended it saying Garcia shouldn't be obligated to take riskier fights all the time. Did you care about Salka's well being? No.

How much did Zerafa made in the Quillin fight? Did you care when he got dropped and placed on a stretcher?

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                That's what you think. In reality, you're only focused on certain fighters. What about the Salkas of the world who make Haymon fighters look good but make a fraction of the money? You even defended it saying Garcia shouldn't be obligated to take riskier fights all the time. Did you care about Salka's well being? No.

How much did Zerafa made in the Quillin fight? Did you care when he got dropped and placed on a stretcher?

You know what...You're right Maybe I don't take lower level fighters into consideration that is true. However if Zerafar or Salka turned down fights for more money would I bash them for doing so? NO! They have that right to do it just like you and I have a right to turn down a job that we feel it is not paying enough.

On the Flip side, I do think Broner and Garcia trying to demand so much money from Pacquiao is a JOKE and I have posted that as well. You take what you get for that opportunity and if they win they would be able demand what ever they want after that fight. But AGAIN, they have that right to set their own prices in their Profession, basically like a bunch of Freelance Workers

So do I agree with it and am I happy about it as a boxing fans? FUK NO! Because it does make it difficult to see the fights I want to see but I'm not Naive, fighters are not listening to us the fans and neither are their Promoters and Managers, they're all in it for the MONEY that is Priority #1 for all of them...ALL OF THEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Says the na.zi loving bootlicker that doesn't know what patriotism is.
                  Nazi? Im Asian-American, friend. I Know what patriotism is. My family is from India. I am a minority who is a Naturalized citizen. Nice try. I'm VERY patriotic and my parents taught us that the best thing to ever happen to us was to become an American citizen. My father taught us to stand for the Anthem, even when it's playing on TV. And to salute the flag.

Maybe that mentality explains why Asian-Americans (on average) earn More than white Americans, are less incarcerated than whites, And are More Educated than whites. But I dont hear my Caucasian friends complain about "Asian privilege", now do I? Also many Asian-Americans dont even have English as their first language (it's my 3rd) but we dont make excuses, unlike SOME (not all) people of other races. We work hard and are now (on average) more successful than the majority race in this country. That's what happens when u work hard and stop crying "race" about every little thing.

My wife is a Filipino-American (obviously big Manny fan ). English is her 6th language. Yes, 6th. And she is more conservative than even me. We are patriotic Americans who LOVE this country, And would do anything for our flag and country. Even my wife, who is a big Manny fan, roots for Manny unless he Fights an American. She Says that since she is an American now, she would never root against our flag. She actually supported Floyd over him. Oh NO!

Comment

PBC is dead already, all it needs is someone to bury it completely, garcia fighting his next bum opponent will probably be final nail in coffin

Comment

• Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
                      The difference is that nobody is hyping up TR and GB for "saving the sport".
                      I haven't heard anybody say PBC is "saving the sport" and neither have you. You're just lying as usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X