Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the single best exercise to target core muscles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plank Exercises is best for the core muscles .

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Buy a dip station with pull-up bar attached. You can get a good one for like $200.
      interesting choice. i will look into this.

i foudn one on amazon with good reviews for under $100 but no pull up bar. i have the iron gym pull up bar that goes on the door jam

Comment

Originally posted by elina jhon View Post
        Plank Exercises is best for the core muscles .
        +1 for planks. There are many variations to planks, and you can make them more challenging by reducing your rest in between each plank.

The P90X ab ripper x routine is also good. If you plateau on planks, ab ripper x is a good change up to challenge different abdominal/core muscles.

Comment

Are planks really that efficient? I've always thought they were pretty useless. Do you guys add weight ?

I've always done leg raises for my core which seems decent. Perhaps I'll give planks a go.

Comment

If you want to activate your core lift a really ****ing heavy weight right over your head.

Training is actually really simple. Its not easy but it is simple.

Comment

Originally posted by hisnamewas View Post
              Are planks really that efficient? I've always thought they were pretty useless. Do you guys add weight ?

I've always done leg raises for my core which seems decent. Perhaps I'll give planks a go.
              Once I'm in shape I'll add weight (put a 10/25/45 on my back) for more challenge. I'm not sure how to measure efficiency with planks, though. Once I've plateaued with them, I try to make them more challenging by reducing rest time, adding weight, lifting an arm or leg, or move to an altogether different exercise, like the leg raises you mention.

Comment

Deadlifts are the most effective weight lifting exercise to strengthen your core.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  Deadlifts are the most effective weight lifting exercise to strengthen your core.
                  thanks........

Comment

Planks are great, hanging from a bar and doing knee tucks are great, dead bugs, Russian twists, dragon flags are awesome and work if you are to that level of strength. You can look these up on youtube.

Comment

Standing backbend

Comment

Working...
                      X