Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you pick over Bob Foster at 175?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Watch the fight again the last 3 rounds Terrell is staying close with little resistance from Foster. No reason a far more clever B-Hop couldn't do the same and B-Hop wouldn't lean he would land punches like he always does on the inside.

How many times do i have to say it? Hopkins wasn't past his prime at 175 until maybe the Roy Jones fight. B-Hop had a slightly off night against Calzaghe and still won the fight.

Oh and lol Calzaghe is the worst fighter out of Winky Tarver and Pavlik.
    No he didnt,and you are fooling yourself if you think Bhop wasnt past his prime at 175,a blown up winky and pavlik plus the slightly above average Tarver are not great wins and Foster is better than any of those guys,for that matter so is calzaghe

Comment

What the heck makes you people think B-Hop was past his prime at light heavy? He got 3 of his top 5 wins their. Oh and taller fighters are almost always at a disadvantage on the inside that is common knowledge most generally just hold. B-hop is special in that he is pretty tall yet still a superb inside fighter. Show me a fight where Foster shows good skills on the inside and I will reconsider
      This is an irritating myth I see a lot here. When people assume that big win equals prime. Judging by this logic, Ali was in his prime when he beat Foreman and Frazier. Duran was in his prime when he beat Moore and Barkley,Leonard was in his prime when he beat Hagler. I can go on forever with examples.

The Bottom line is Hopkins is not in his prime at 175 and never has been. He's less active at that weight, he's not knocking anybody out, and his stamina has diminished. We are not talking about Tarver, Pavlik or Jean Paccal here. We are talking about Bob Foster. And in closing Bob Foster would make Hopkins go into 100 percent defense mode and Hopkins would do everything to survive, not win. If you thought Hopkins was inactive against Jermaine Taylor, this would be on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        This is an irritating myth I see a lot here. When people assume that big win equals prime. Judging by this logic, Ali was in his prime when he beat Foreman and Frazier. Duran was in his prime when he beat Moore and Barkley,Leonard was in his prime when he beat Hagler. I can go on forever with examples.

The Bottom line is Hopkins is not in his prime at 175 and never has been. He's less active at that weight, he's not knocking anybody out, and his stamina has diminished. We are not talking about Tarver, Pavlik or Jean Paccal here. We are talking about Bob Foster. And in closing Bob Foster would make Hopkins go into 100 percent defense mode and Hopkins would do everything to survive, not win. If you thought Hopkins was inactive against Jermaine Taylor, this would be on another level.
        A-****ing-men

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

The question is, who are Tarver, Pavlik or Winky in the pantheon of great light heavyweights? Hell, who is Calzaghe?
          Of course you have to remember Trojanman would favor all four of those guys to school some crude, no-talent old dude like Foster.....Didn't you know that no one before the year 2000 knew anything about fighting and they were all geneticly inferior? :hahahaha9:
          Poet

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

The Terrell-Foster fight was contested from long rage for the vast majority of the fight. When they are on the inside Terrell was using his size to lean on Foster and wear the smaller guy down. Hopkins wouldn't have that luxury.
            ^^^^^ This right here.....Not to mention Terrell was a full-blown Heavyweight with one of the longest reaches in the history of boxing.

Poet

Comment

Watch the fight again the last 3 rounds Terrell is staying close with little resistance from Foster. No reason a far more clever B-Hop couldn't do the same and B-Hop wouldn't lean he would land punches like he always does on the inside.

How many times do i have to say it? Hopkins wasn't past his prime at 175 until maybe the Roy Jones fight. B-Hop had a slightly off night against Calzaghe and still won the fight.

Oh and lol Calzaghe is the worst fighter out of Winky Tarver and Pavlik.
              Terrell is leaning on him more than doing any kind of offensive damage on the inside. This was a matter of size (which Hop wouldn't have) and wearing down Foster.

And Bhop didn't have an "off night" against Calzaghe, he was showing his age against a fresher, better fighter. You're kidding yourself again if you don't thin Joe was the best fighter out of those named.

Comment

Cant see many lh's beating foster tbh he was a killer in his prime. Maybe moore and maybe langford or tunney but prob not. The only guy I'd be confident of beating foster prime to prime would be ezzard charles.

Comment

Working...
                X