No announcement yet.

Jab to the body for southpaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jab to the body for southpaw

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I can effectively use a jab to the body against an orthodox fighter. I'm a southpaw. I've never use jab to the body as I'm not comfortable throwing it.

Stab the body, come under his jab and hit the body. There is ways, just put them into practice mate and be confidant

Comment

Thanks bro. I'll try to do what you said. I just had a feeling that if I throw a jab to the body I can get countered easily.

Comment

Not saying you can't throw it but it'll leave you very vulnerable to getting countered. (straight right or left hook).

Better off sticking it in their chest or up top then coming with the left to the solar plexus/liver.

Comment

I'm left handed and yes the jab to the body gets countered when you don't incorporate feints to your offense. Also when you throw it, I've seen orthodox dudes try to throw it at me and they leave their faces up in the air. I rarely throw it against someone with a high guard cause its easy to get countered that way,unless I double jab first to the chest then to the body.

Remember there's always a way to counter every punch so using feints can really help you land clean punches.

Comment

I was a southpaw.. You can def get jabs to the body to land.. Another trick I always found successful was double jabbing upstairs to raise their hands and the straight left to the body was there every time

Comment

if a target is available, then go for it.
              it comes down to timing/set ups.
              simply not always, not never

for your question, you can check mayweather vs guerrero

Comment

Working...
              X