No announcement yet.

Should Broner go back down in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    Aside from the fact that it's debatable whether he could physically do it, it would also be an admission of weakness, that his 147 title was mostly a joke, that he can't cope with the big boys at WW.

Even if he did go down to 140, he's gonna be back at 147 within a year or so anyway, so you would wonder if it's worth it.

This was the problem with skipping 140 entirely to take that WW belt.
    It's because anyone worth a damn at 140 hit too hard and GBP knew it. He passed up Danny and Mattyse, as well as Peterson and even Khan ffs. He jumps up to WW to face one of the lowest KO ratio's in boxing and he barely eeked out a win. The fact is he had to step up at some point and I'm glad GBP did it now, I hate Broner but he is better than Berto and he can come back from this. Berto has less power and horrid defense. AB stil has good pop and he is good defensively, no one is going to be hit as little as Floyd but Broner does a good imitation.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      If he can make lightweight still, he should. He has relied his entire career on his size and power, an advantage at welterweight or even junior welterweight he won't have.
      Staring at your sig cuz I can't believe the stupidity of it. WTF was Broner thinking....did he want to evade the punch, did he want to counter? This mutha****a drops his hands against one of the biggest punchers in the sport, and of course gets put on his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
        The fact this guy was unbeaten (numerous gifts), heavily hyped, a three weight world champion and in the P4P top 10 was a travesty for the sport.

Boxing was a laughing stock having this guy around. I hope he's mentally destroyed to the point that he does a lacy.
        The bold is totally and completely true. The last is just plain ole mean bro.

Comment

Man, tht lil gangsta cant stick it at 140, its a tougher division, ALvarado, Prov, Garcia, Matt are the guys tht will kill him. Guys like Peterson will just outbox. Not to mention some good names out side of the top 10.

Broner best work his way into a few more paydays and retire

Comment

He needs to take care of business at 140... Frankly I don't think he can but if he did, his stock would rise back up. It's one defeat his career isn't over let's see how he responds

Comment

Weight class doesnt matter

This guy has many flaws, a trainer change is more beneficial to him

He needs to learn basic footwork and defense, he needs to cut his childhood trainer loose and find someone who will work with him and teach him basics.

Comment

He should go back down in competition.

Then you'll see the real AB.

Comment

Working...
                X