No announcement yet.

Should the IBO replace the WBO as a main sanctioning body

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the IBO replace the WBO as a main sanctioning body

I say yes because The WBO is bitter and doesn't want to do anything to help the sport of boxing. They are doing what the WBC use to do when it came to unifications. I think the WBO is pathetic and should be replaced by the IBO. The WBO doesn't even go to the meetings that the WBC, IBF, and WBA all attend together and they are invited apparently.

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-wba-i...hampion--86901

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-ibf-w...-doping--86246

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-ibf-w...-system--82510
    Yes
    43.75%
    No
    56.25%

they should both be flushed down the toilet

Comment

We should just have facebook polls to reinstate a new set of champions.

Comment

What do the WBO do to prevent unifications? What unification have they prevented recently thats stirred up your passion?

Are you seriously going to use the WBO's refusal to unify with the pathetic WBA 'regular' title as a base for an argument? If you disagree with their move, you're supporting such a bull**** regular title in the first place

They should have joined in the 3-way talks with the WBA/WBC/IBF though

I don't want the for-profit IBO anywhere near relevant in this sport. Their computerised rankings make a little sense, apart from when you realise they crown their own minor champions, who barely belong anywhere near the top 10 of a division. If you want computerised rankings, use Boxrec. But they often make no sense in a subjective sport

Theres a reason the IBO isn't even close to taking off. These sanctioning bodies need to hurry and find a solution to creating the supposed unification tournament

Comment

What do you mean 'replace' them?

The men make the belts. If the best boxers want to win and defend WBO belts then that's what legitimises them. It's not up to anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            What do you mean 'replace' them?

The men make the belts. If the best boxers want to win and defend WBO belts then that's what legitimises them. It's not up to anyone else.
            This sounds about right.

I wish some of these sacntioning bodies would merge. But if I could get rid of one title in boxing, it would be the WBA and all their super, regular, and interim bs.

Comment

I vote for lets make a belt out of random things in your garage & we'll replace all 4 bs belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I vote for lets make a belt out of random things in your garage & we'll replace all 4 bs belts.
                PBC belts are already in the works.

Comment

Hell no, if the WBO drops out then one less is good with me

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X