Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List The Fighters With The Best Footwork You've Ever Seen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marquez and Floyd's footwork were the best.

they were the only opponent who were able to step on Pac's foot numerous times.

Comment

Ali was my favorite to watch. Very aesthetically pleasing.

I also like Duran, Pac, Leonard, and Whitaker.

Lomachenko has amazing footwork as far as current fighters. Rigo as well, when he's not running too much.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
        Ali - There hasn't been a heavyweight before or after who could move like a young Ali.

Mayweather,Whitaker, Rigo, Jones, Guzman.

Tyson and Frazier had great footwork in terms of cutting off the ring.

Haggler in his prime had excellent footwork, being able to switch-hit effortlessly while on the move.
        Pfffft! Froch has better footwork.

Comment

Carlos Ortiz and Ken Buchanan had amazing footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            is FLoyd one of the best footwork guys

He finds himself on ropes quite often
            Floyd is comfortable on the ropes though. People always say to stay off the ropes because most fighters rely on moving away from punches for defense and when you're on the ropes you're movement is severely limited. Floyd has excellent defense in the pocket, watch the Cotto fight for example. One of the best displays of fighting when on the ropes I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Thread is best footwork I have ever seen... Toney and marquez in a fire fight is the best I have seen and the hardest to do... I have seen a million guys with lateral movement, seldom do you see guys with great footwork in the heated exchanges.. Most guys use lateral and the sit down flat footed on their punches in exchanges... Toney and marquez are the only guys I witnessed with my own eyes with amazing footwork in exchanges.

Some poster on here has on his signature a gif of marquez backing upto the ropes but landing counter straight, hook, uppercut, bodyshot and laying out his opponent.. Just amazing considering he was going backwards but let fly the prettiest combination you will ever see..
              Toney would shoulder roll the opponents right hand, take a small half step back to avoid the straight, then take a small step forward and lamd a huge counter right... Tons of guys have tried it, but they nearly always come up short because they don't step with their punches..

It's very hard to do, much harder than having lateral movement.. That's why I'm giving them a shout out in this thread.. Amazing footwork
              Hmm, disagree. Tons of fighters have displayed great footwork on the inside. It's also not their only area where they show it.

You've seen a million guys with lateral movement and Toney isn't one of them. Not that's good anyway.

If we are talking the best footwork of all time then I think versatility is a big part of that. Plus I've seen so many better people than Toney with their feet on the inside anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                were Floyd and Marquez foot stomping on Pac considered footwork LOL
                Happens a lot fighting sth paws , is this your new excuse you pathetic fanboy .

Comment

Working...
                X