Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe SMW reign vs. Hopkins MW reign

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins two best defenses came against Welterweights, his reign at mw isnt that impressive.

And we are not sure if the DLH match is actually a win because Floyd Sr who trained DLH was convinced he took a dive for business reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      hopkins fought 16 top ten guys in his title defenses.
      calzaghe fought 8 top ten guys in his title defenses.

but both of them had crappy reigns compared to real fighters like carlos monzon. he fought the number 1, 2, or 3 guy in almost every defense.
      I wonder if people will say that Calzaghe's win over Kessler is better than Monzon's wins over Griffith because Griffith was a natural WW whereas Kessler was a natural SMW.

Pretty hilarious how people try and justify Calzaghe's career.

Still can't believe that it's being argued that the Kessler win is better than the Trinidad win.

Comment

• i guess according to these crazy sheep shaggin welshmen kessler was a better win for calzaghe than hearns was for hagler. hearns had came up from 147 just like tito. his best weight was 154 not 160, like tito. only hagler was hearns' first fight at MW, unlike tito who already annhilated titleholder and top5 MW william joppy.

i guess the great tommy hearns wasnt as good a win as the half decent mikkel kessler, makes perfect sense. i mean he hadnt done anything at MW, it wasnt his best weight. who cares that hes in a diffrent league? what does that have to do with anything?

its more impressive beating some one dimensional, no defense having, straight line fighting, weak resume having danish pastry who cant make a single adjustment to save his life.

Comment

Working...
        X