Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Think That Groves Can Beat Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Groves actually has the perfect style to beat Froch. Magnificent jab, great pop, great combination puncher with unpredictability, great power, fast, pretty good defense, great ring IQ, and most of all, ring IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
      I think Groves actually has the perfect style to beat Froch. Magnificent jab, great pop, great combination puncher with unpredictability, great power, fast, pretty good defense, great ring IQ, and most of all, ring IQ.
      What are you basing his good ring iq on?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        What are you basing his good ring iq on?
        Is there a ring iq comparison chart?

Comment

Froch would brutalise him worse than he did in sparring. Man vs boy!

Hell he beat the guys ass so bad in sparring he refused to spar him again then sparred Kessler to help him prepare for Froch out of sheer spite.

Kid should stick to fighting Euro fruit farmers, if he steps to The Cobra he will get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Good bloke, good boxer but untested against top 5 SMWs and Froch is a heck of a step up. I see him getting stopped, maybe even Bute'd.
            Yeah he's good but to me he just doesn't have the x factor. I wouldn't want to see him get Bute'd though since he's a young up and comer. If he wants a belt maybe he should face Bika or someone

Comment

I think Groves will fight in a negative manner in an attempt to nick the fight. Froch won't be beaten by that (at least not by the way Groves does it). Groves got on his bike in his only other big fight (vs DeGale) and his trainer Adam Booth had Haye do it in his biggest fights as well.

Groves will talk big and act like he wants and will bring a war, but he'll do his best to avoid one when it comes down to it.

Comment

Groves would adopt the same fight tactic he done against DeGale by fighting on the backfoot scared, it wouldn't necessarily be a fantastic watch...
                But Froch wouldn't wait long to make a move, Froch relishes fighting fight scared type of fighters.

Comment

.....I think the time is fast-approaching when Groves is a very live, credible and dangerous threat for any SMW champion out there but that's at least 3-4fights down the line and with another year under his belt.

If the fight happens over the next 3-4 months I can see Groves doing well by pinching some rounds (most likely the early ones by being faster and cuter than Carl) but ultimately being walked down and forced into the kind of war that Froch always excels at. Groves could well be lively even when he's forced to stand and fight...but I see still Froch prevailing.

And I am not sure George has the ability or patience to deliver the kind of performance Ward produced to completely nullify Froch; he's also the challenger who needs to show a degree of aggression and demonstrate that he's taking the fight to Carl. So he can't 'rinse and repeat' the DeGale fight.

Wonder what Hearn thinks of all this....his two stars boxed into a corner by the IBF folks? Hardly ideal from his perspective....

Comment

If he boxes on the run, sure. If, however, Froch lures him into a toe-to-toe battle, he'll get stopped.

Comment

I think Groves can cause Froch a few problems. He's improved massively over the last 2 years and looks really really sharp. He moves well and throws an awesome jab.

Not sure if he can win though, but he's got a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X