No announcement yet.

Who was faster... Greg Page, or Michael Dokes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was faster... Greg Page, or Michael Dokes

Both were known for their hand speed in their short primes, but who was actually faster?

This guy was..great video ,terrible music!

Comment

A lot of those '80s heavyweights had real talent. It's a shame that their generation seems to have been lost to drug addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        A lot of those '80s heavyweights had real talent. It's a shame that their generation seems to have been lost to drug addiction.
        talented nonetheless...they were after ali so it was unfair really how the media portrayed the actual abilities...they were looking for entertainment,these guys were far technical than the 70's guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Is it coincidental that this time we experienced the crack epidemic? As Rodney in Spike Lee's "Clockers" put it: "If God got anything better than crack he keepin that **** for hisself." That generation had parents and came out of communities that were ravaged, Oliver Mccall is an example of a fighter with much talent who fell to crack addiction. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
            Both were known for their hand speed in their short primes, but who was actually faster?
            Dokes had faster hands in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              Is it coincidental that this time we experienced the crack epidemic? As Rodney in Spike Lee's "Clockers" put it: "If God got anything better than crack he keepin that **** for hisself." That generation had parents and came out of communities that were ravaged, Oliver Mccall is an example of a fighter with much talent who fell to crack addiction. Just a thought.
              Probably not coincidental at all, but it's still sad that so much talent was squandered during that era.

These guys were good! How many heavyweights do we have today that are as fluid as Dokes was in that vid?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Dokes had faster hands in my opinion.
                I agree Greg may have had better movement though

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  I agree with that. Dokes was much more stationary.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                    Faster on his feet as well. I agree a young Dokes had faster hand speed but in time he sacrificed it as he bulked up.

Comment

Working...
                    X