No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido Powers Past Lomachenko With Split Nod Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solitario View Post
    Loma looked amateurish and ineffective for most of the fight, both on the inside and outside. And despite HBO's attempts to portray Salido as some unstoppable beast because he came in overweight, he actually looked like a shell of his former self, especially in the last few rounds when he was sucking wind just to go the distance. We've already seen Salido get dominated by Garcia, and there's no doubt in my mind he'll also lose to the next elite opponent he faces. Loma wasn't that guy. He's a terrific amateur, but has a lot to learn as a pro.
    He needs time to transcend from the AM to the pros. His got the goods but I just don't understand what the rush was to get him a title. His 26 and is pretty well polished just needs to get more experience fighting in the pro rankins

Comment

• Originally posted by Solitario View Post
      Loma looked amateurish and ineffective for most of the fight, both on the inside and outside. And despite HBO's attempts to portray Salido as some unstoppable beast because he came in overweight, he actually looked like a shell of his former self, especially in the last few rounds when he was sucking wind just to go the distance. We've already seen Salido get dominated by Garcia, and there's no doubt in my mind he'll also lose to the next elite opponent he faces. Loma wasn't that guy. He's a terrific amateur, but has a lot to learn as a pro.
      I agree, Salido looked like a shot fighter, and Lomo still couldn't do anything with him.

Comment

• That kid from China is the next TR gas truck to blow up!!...Lomachenko didn't EARN or DESERVE to be fighting for a world title....he got the shot and lost...nobody wanna hear gassed up fans cry about low blows or ref **** because nobody was complaining about that rookie skipping past properly ranked fighters in his weight class....nobody cried about the SPECIAL treatment he was given.....so hush it and salute Salido...he's paid his dues unlike that rookie!!

Last time I was this pissed at the boxing community was when the overwhelming majority picked Bute to beat Froch.....what gas is strong enough for you to pick a rookie to beat a multiple time world champion like Salido?!?...a dude with one HBO appearance...smh

The first few sentences of the article is pure butt agony

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun Diego View Post
          Neither did Loma kid back to the AM for that BUM

"Back to the AM..."

Comment

• Originally posted by lets rumble View Post
            Welcome to the big boys league kid . Salido to cagey for this kid
            I know. Great face blocker.

Comment

• I feel so sad THAT LOMA Lost!!! i really wanted him to make history, and it sadly looked like he wasnt as good as we all thought! hoping he can bounce back!!

Comment

• Chavez Sr. said in TV Azteca transmission that salido had a very hard time trying to cut weight, that he almost didn't eat anything since monday and his heart rate was very high. I think thats why Lomas team took the fight.

I didn't like the fight, too much clinching and amateurish habits from Loma's side, he was the challenger and from my point of view he stepped in like he was the champion. In my book the challenger has to give an extra if he wants the belt.

Salido gave a dirty fight but nothing we hand seen before. I think he won but he is getting old and I'm sure he won't fight again on this weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by -kev- View Post
                  awesome win, loved it. Can't come in here skipping everyone, tryna win a major title. Low blows, missed weight, 147lbs on fight night, f-ck it, don't really care. You don't come in here like you're the queen of england.
                  fff**** your mother if you dont care of anything

Comment

• Loma cant fight inside!!!! He clinched more than Wlad K!

Comment

• This is a perfect example in showing that a great amature career doesn't always transition in the pro's.. And this guy is literally one of the greatest amature boxers ever.. In top of all that, he lost to arguably a washed up Salido..

Comment

Working...
                      X