No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido Powers Past Lomachenko With Split Nod Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Why? It wasn't a very good fight, but it was fairly competitive (way more than Salido's last fight) and suspenseful and had a lot of fans interested, way more than most feather defenses
    Why? Because regardless what kind of an amateur he was the guy only had one fight and should in no way shape or form be fighting for a title in only his second fight. It was also obvious with all the hugging that he was in no way prepared to go even ten rounds much less twelve of them. In my opinion it was like a carnival side show act WWE style. And honestly its hard to believe that so called experts such as Max Kellerman really believed that Lomachenko had a chance to win.

Comment

• It's hot air him saying it's his 2nd pro fight. Look up professional in the dictionary. It means you get paid to do it. Period.

Yes, we had the usual Laurence 'My Daddy's With The TX Athletic Commission So It's OK If I Suck' Cole screwing up as usual as ref, and yes Salido's punches did reign low several times, but Lomachenko simply didn't punch enough or do much of anything for several rounds, and Salido - as usual- stayed busy and gutted out a workman like performance. I don't see any other way of looking at it. Lomanchecnko will likely improve greatly from the lesson, but he has to lose the ****iness. We all see how well that works out with others. It doesn't.

Comment

• This fight had much less to do with that greasy, cheat Saliva that it had to do with Lomachenko who had more fight, more gas in the tank, in him but didn't use it all. At the end of the fight Loma still looked fresh while Saliva looked ready to collapse. This phrase sums it up: "... a hesitant prize fighter still trapped within my youth..." (Dan Hill).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          Why? Because regardless what kind of an amateur he was the guy only had one fight and should in no way shape or form be fighting for a title in only his second fight. It was also obvious with all the hugging that he was in no way prepared to go even ten rounds much less twelve of them. In my opinion it was like a carnival side show act WWE style. And honestly its hard to believe that so called experts such as Max Kellerman really believed that Lomachenko had a chance to win.
          Most had it pretty close, so he definitely had more chance than Cruz or most title challengers at 126 you see. He actually did best in rounds 11, 12, which was also surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            I didn't watch HBO, I watched boxnation and they gave the fight to Salido.

Lomachenko was boring. He ran too much and didn't throw enough but he fought a clean fight. As a boxing fan I don't like to see dirty fighters prevail with the ref's assistance.
            Clean fight? He held Salido like crazy, Cole was terrible but he was bad for both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
              Lampley going harder on the damage control than the Lomo****'s on this site damn! Then turns around and licks Chavez taint while never mentioned once how the fker looked like a silverback tonight.
              Man, HBO are losing their ****. They have become an utter disgrace. Really don't want to watch their ****e anymore. After the Pac/Marquez fight, there was no talk of his win, only constant accusations and *****ing, now the same thing here. But the worst part is that they have fighters who they will blow, like the cheap whore they have become, doing exactly the same stuff in other fights.

Excusing Garcia and downplaying his weight entirely, ignoring other top fighters who also work with conditioning coaches that have past steroid issues. This type of stuff has become the norm with them. They are ****ing garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Most had it pretty close, so he definitely had more chance than Cruz or most title challengers at 126 you see. He actually did best in rounds 11, 12, which was also surprising.

The final rounds had more to do with Salido gassing than Loma actually doing anything. There was a moment in round 9 or 10 where Salido fell down and got up very slowly, by then you could tell he was exhausted.

There were a few toss up rounds in the very beginning when they started slow but Salido figured him out and took control. Salido may not have dominated from 1-12 but I still view it as a dominating performance. I can't think of a single great punch Loma landed aside of round 12, the shots he did land were soft and would work in the AM's, but not the pros.

Loma does have talent, doesn't look like a scrub at all, just needs way more experience.

Comment

• Put Lomachenko in their with my boy Verdejo next.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    What a ****ing piece of **** Cole is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Terrible REF and terrible commentating once again by HBO. What fight were they watching? Salido fat ass didn't win this fight! Lomachenko's defense wasn't given enough credit!!! He won that fight man. I hate ****ing Boxing!!!!!
                    Originally posted by uncommon View Post
                    Look, Saliva went to his corner after each round and sat down more and more discouraged. He jumped for joy from surprise to find out he won the lottery. Saliva is slow, clumsy, predictable, and ponderously useless: a slug.

I can see now what Loma is going to have to do. He's going to have to simply murder every slug that is in front of him to get the win. He can't just box because only chosen few are allowed to box and win (Mayweather Jr. anyone?). If anything, Loma learned just how crooked these scumbags are.
                    Jesus....this is embarrassing.

I will tell ya though, I don't doubt at all that he was surprised when actually given a fair decision. He remembers well dominating the more popular Lopez and being well out in front, only to find he was well behind after he had stopped him in the rematch.

I'm sure he thought that if it went to a decision, he could have knocked him down in every round and still lost to the supposed future ATG, and already top five P4Per. He got what he rightfully deserved though, which was the clear win.

Originally posted by Renal Colic View Post
                    Lomachenko got exposed by losing his 2nd fight in 400 fights? He still has the best record in boxing today.
                    What, a 1-1 record is the best in boxing?

As this fight just proved, amateur record is for amateurs. That's why it's called 'amateur boxing', because they are still amateurs at it. It's a whole new game when you go pro, and that's why records start again. It's not remotely the same. If it was, Salido would have been one more guy on his 400-1 record.

He's now a pro. Loma's record is 1-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      The final rounds had more to do with Salido gassing than Loma actually doing anything. There was a moment in round 9 or 10 where Salido fell down and got up very slowly, by then you could tell he was exhausted.

There were a few toss up rounds in the very beginning when they started slow but Salido figured him out and took control. Salido may not have dominated from 1-12 but I still view it as a dominating performance. I can't think of a single great punch Loma landed aside of round 12, the shots he did land were soft and would work in the AM's, but not the pros.

Loma does have talent, doesn't look like a scrub at all, just needs way more experience.
                      Right but going into it the safe bet is that Salido would be coming on strong late and rookie Loma would either squeak by with some scary moments, or get ground down. He was never in major danger, and Salido was the one that wore down. Of course his low output, and Salido's weight had something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X