No announcement yet.

Mark Coleman Officially Retires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Coleman Officially Retires

I know Coleman was pretty much done for the last couple years, but now it's official.

Coleman is a real legend and has done a lot for the sport.

Thanks to the Godfather of Ground and Pound for all the great fights and moments.

An all-time great and one of my all-time favorites. Tough dude. First ever UFC Heavyweight champion, winner of 2 UFC tournaments, a Pride openweight Grand Prix tournament, hell of a career.

Comment

a pioneer and HOFer.

thanx for the PRIDE memories.

Comment

How great was that first Shogun fight too? When he had already won by TKO and the refs and other fighters were trying to pull Coleman off of Rua. That was some WWE type #$&* right there, classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          How great was that first Shogun fight too? When he had already won by TKO and the refs and other fighters were trying to pull Coleman off of Rua. That was some WWE type #$&* right there, classic.
          Won by TKO? Shogun posted his arm on the takedown. It wasn't like a brutal beating, it was a fluke....

Comment

Use to be a big Randleman fan but Coleman was a legend too sucks they couldn't adapt as the sport evolved especially Kevin who was so athletic and explosive.

Coleman was a pioneer to bad half these cowards today can't GNP like the legends Coleman, Ortiz, and Fedor but just hold all the time.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I still cant believe he beat bonnar and was actually beating shogun, The smashing machine documentary really gives some insight on his career, its a great movie

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                Use to be a big Randleman fan but Coleman was a legend too sucks they couldn't adapt as the sport evolved especially Kevin who was so athletic and explosive.

Coleman was a pioneer to bad half these cowards today can't GNP like the legends Coleman, Ortiz, and Fedor but just hold all the time.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                relax. Coleman was definitely a pioneer but I wouldn't say his career was legendary.

we can't just throw that word around like its nothing. should only be reserved for the exceptional few like Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Hendo.....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  Won by TKO? Shogun posted his arm on the takedown. It wasn't like a brutal beating, it was a fluke....
                  Yeah and it was stopped from the injury, so it's officially a TKO. And I meant classic not because of the match, but because of what happened afterward. Haven't you ever seen that, it was crazy, Coleman was throwing refs and other fighters aside like crazy, he was a man possessed there. Classic moment IMO.

And I say he's a legend as well. Won 3 MMA tournaments and a heavyweight title against some pretty good competition. Coleman showed the importance of wrestling and ground and pound in MMA, like Severn did before him. He's one of the early pioneers, which makes him a legend IMO.
                  Last edited by Anthony342; 03-08-2013, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Yeah and it was stopped from the injury, so it's officially a TKO. And I meant classic not because of the match, but because of what happened afterward. Haven't you ever seen that, it was crazy, Coleman was throwing refs and other fighters aside like crazy, he was a man possessed there. Classic moment IMO.

And I say he's a legend as well. Won 3 MMA tournaments and a heavyweight title against some pretty good competition. Coleman showed the importance of wrestling and ground and pound in MMA, like Severn did before him. He's one of the early pioneers, which makes him a legend IMO.
                    Ah, the way I read it was that he beat the crap out of Shogun or something, which wasn't the case. Yeah the melee after the bell was funny. I believe at one point he was standing on Wandy's neck...

Comment

Working...
                    X