Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Mikkel Kessler Continue To Trade Words

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops a weight drained Dawson after refusing a catchweight (but a month later was talking about a move to 175) then gets called the #1 P4P.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Is Kessler really going to look past Carl Froch?
      I was thinking the exact same thing.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      It'd be interesting.

Ward draws a lot from his home crowd, we saw Lucian Bute collapse in a hostile enviroment, not saying Ward is like Bute, but people are quick to forget, Bute looked imperious right up until the moment he stepped through the ropes in nottingham. Little things, the boos from the crowd, unfamiliar surroundings, referee calling you up on things you aren't used to... it has an effect.

It's a great achievment to win abroad, full respect to Ward if he goes for it
      Ward is one of my favorite fighters at the moment, but I agree he really needs to fight an away game. If he did, and remained undefeated, it would shut up a lot of his detractors.

Comment

Never mind Ward,Kessler,Froch the best Super Middleweight in the world today is not even talked about at the moment and his going about his business ever so quietly and then his going to takeover in the next 12 months or so - it is Tommy Oosthuizen, Wards tactics won't work here as Tommy is 6ft4 and all Ward is going to headbutt is his chest - be patient it will happen and the Universe again will be in sink.

Comment

Ward could win a few more fans (like Froch, Kessler and Bute) by fighting abroad and taking a few more risks in his fights.

Comment

Ward he's telling the Truth Only fight in Oakland , paid ref to allow holding and head butting. Prove him wrong and fight out side of the USA without a bias ref.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
              lmao,'me and Froch will fight a real fight' im sure it is a real fight to watch 2 averagely skilled guys with decent punching power going toe to toe for 12 rounds for a casual boxing fan, but for a real boxing fan, id rather watch what boxing is supposed to be about, which is hit and not get hit, which is what Ward does although i admit the head clashes make it abit unsavoury but it happens so mehh.
              So you are saying in essence that Ward, the supposed #1P4P guy on the planet's best career wins were over average guys? I tend to somewhat agree there but it kind of goes against the rest of your post which lends credence to Ward's talent.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Whoops a weight drained Dawson after refusing a catchweight (but a month later was talking about a move to 175) then gets called the #1 P4P.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Yeah, because that's the only win on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                  If Ward fought anybody on the same night as Froch - Kessler, I know what fight I'd be watching.

Ward is an accomplished fighter but they won't be replaying his fights in 20 years time that's for sure.
                  For all I care, if God himself came down to fight Ward on the night Kessler-Froch II happened, the Bellew fight on the undercard will still be the second most interesting thing to happen that night. Ward is obviously massively talented, but his entertainment value is so low, that he doesn't really have a concrete fan base. If he went to the UK or Denmark to fight the winner of Kessler and Froch I doubt many US fans would show up. And he already said it himself quite clearly, he doesn't "need to go to Europe" - forgetting that these guys gave him a chance to win a world title in his country. We know they will offer him good money, and I have no reason to believe that the Froch camp or the Kessler camp is either lying or deceiving the public. Not sure about Ward though..

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                    Never mind Ward,Kessler,Froch the best Super Middleweight in the world today is not even talked about at the moment and his going about his business ever so quietly and then his going to takeover in the next 12 months or so - it is Tommy Oosthuizen, Wards tactics won't work here as Tommy is 6ft4 and all Ward is going to headbutt is his chest - be patient it will happen and the Universe again will be in sink.
                    You're joking hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      You're joking hopefully...
                      Hi Andrew - I hope you are well - I am serious I think Tommy is the one of the most underated fighters out there but I have seen enough of Tommy to know that he is an uncut diamond and he will go on to prove this as long as he get his chance - there is only one thing that could stop this because of his size he could outgrow this division so if it does'nt come in the next 12 months he will do i in the Light Heavyweight divison a few classic fights for Britian Oosthuizen v Cleverley or Bellew tasty, (All who is reading this I have sent an e-mail to Boxnation to cover Tommy's fights if enough e-mails are sent they will see there's enough interest and could cover them in future could all whose reading this send an e-mail)

Comment

Working...
                      X