Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I'm about to say may hurt their fans, but Cotto and Taylor were overrated!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I'm about to say may hurt their fans, but Cotto and Taylor were overrated!

Cotto and Jermaine Taylor were overrated. They are 2 fighters who when against inferior comp looked superb. When pit against guys who were not overly athletic, and used a basic style against them, they both failed miserably. Margs and Pav have talent don't get me wrong, but Jt and Cotto were looked at as guys who were going to be the future of boxing. Maybe they still can be. I'm the first to call them overrated based on their styles.

Jermaine Taylor had NO infighting skills, and that is why he lost to Pav. Cotto had no right hand, and no inside game against a stronger fighter and that is why he lost. J.T could box, but he had no leverage on his shots. Cotto is an excellent boxer who couldn't fight when backed up. J.T had great offense but no defense. Cotto had an excellent offense and no defense. Both fighters failed at trying to rest during a fight. They fought too hard, and hurt themselves with the way they chose to fight the men who beat them. Ali said you had to train the body to take damage to protect the head, and Duran said you have to be able to know how to rest during a fight which is why he never seemed to get tired in fights. Words of wisdom.

Yes, Cotto and J.T were overrated and I don't care what any of you say. They fought their hearts out, but when pit against their equal they failed miserably. I commend J.T for going after an immediate rematch. Margs didn't even fight Williams in an immediate rematch. We'll wait and see what Cotto does. Imo he has to rematch Margs.

your an idiot so it don't hurt, nice avy though

Comment

Alright........

Comment

I dont think they were overrated. They both fought great competiton and did well all but once. History shows when doing that sooner or later your going to get a loss. Thats why some of the more actully overrated fighters aviod this at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo28 View Post
          your an idiot so it don't hurt, nice avy though
          She's 6'2 and 192 lbs too lol. Anyway, Cotto and J.T's skills were overrated by their fans as good but limited fighters.
          Last edited by Boofdatruth; 08-07-2008, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Okay...... I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.. even if its ridiculous.

Comment

It's usually the fighters with 0 losses that are the ones who duck fighters.

Taylor and Cotto both lost because of one thing, both Pavlik and Marg has brutal punching power and could take a hit..

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                I dont think they were overrated. They both fought great competiton and did well all but once. History shows when doing that sooner or later your going to get a loss. Thats why some of the more actully overrated fighters aviod this at all costs.
                I think people saw the writing on the wall with J.T just with his comp going from being solid to becomign worse, and then he got worse when he added Manny to his corner. Cotto I predicted would lose his first tough fight because I never saw him in a grueling fight. this is nothing against Cotto, I just had that feeling. You see guys experience tough fights early which helps them in the long run. The Cotto hype machine was excellent, and a bit aggravating, but I was not surprised Cotto lost as I picked Margs to stop Cotto and he did. It is a styles flaw that both J.T and Cotto have.

Comment

Even though i dont agree with you i can still see and understand some of your points.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    It's usually the fighters with 0 losses that are the ones who duck fighters.

Taylor and Cotto both lost because of one thing, both Pavlik and Marg has brutal punching power and could take a hit..
                    No, they lost because of flaws in their styles. This imitation shot you took at Floyd doesn't cut it. Floyd rose in weight and proved he could fight inside and out against tough comp. J.T and Cotto showed heart but lacked the intestinal fortitude to finish when things went from bad to worse.
                    Last edited by Boofdatruth; 08-07-2008, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X