Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Prime Evander Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is in the inside battle would be a joy to watch.

Comment

Frazier decision victory.

Comment

Evander is one of my top 3 all time favorites, but I'd give the nod to Joe here on a small advantage in hand speed. Joe would be one of the few guys who could take punishment as well as Evander. If Evander got on his toes and jabbed Joe all night and refused to engage on the inside, I could see him winning a decision. The problem is I can never remember Holyfield fighting this way.

And by the way, I don't think either could beat a prime Holmes

Comment

Joe Frazier 15 round UD.

Frazier would probably get tagged a lot by a smart Evander at the beginning, some of his combos were really nice. However as it became harder and the fight worn on Holyfield would begin to get caught up in the trenches and fight on the inside where he's been before but, it's not his homeland.

Fraizer works hard down the stretch to bring home the UD in a close but, clear fight.

Comment

This is a dream matchup as their styles would blend perfectly for great action at the highest level. Holy gets an edge for boxing while Joe gets the nod for power. I could make a case for either guy winning, and a better case for why this would be the best heavyweight fight ever.

Comment

Only forecast for this one is it's not ending by RTD

Comment

Honestly, I don't know who'd win. I'd want Holyfield to win but I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  First class punch-out with Frazier outworking Holyfield down the stretch to eek out a close decision. There's very few Heavies I'd pick to outwork Holy.....Frazier's one of them.

Poet
                  early rounds go to Holy, late rounds to Frazier. I see Frazier winning with the kind of work he would put in. Possible Late stoppage. We talking Prime Frazier, and I think Holyfield style would not fair so well against Frazier, whome I think would welcome Holyfields style. Frazier knocked out much bigger men than Holyfield, Hell he even downed Ali and looked as though he were to stop him at one point.

A Ud is the safest bet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    This is a dream matchup as their styles would blend perfectly for great action at the highest level. Holy gets an edge for boxing while Joe gets the nod for power. I could make a case for either guy winning, and a better case for why this would be the best heavyweight fight ever.
                    Honestly though, power is close. A lot of Fraziers power was from repetition, Holyfield on the other hand is just straight up underrated in the banging department. Ask Foreman.

Comment

Holyfield is the greater fighter. Based on Holyfields resume, he's met more that fights like Frazier than the other way around.

Holyfield would win in the late rounds or a clear decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X