No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer & Undercards RbR/Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer & Undercards RbR/Discussion thread

just saw this on another website. not too familiar with hammer. hes said to be ranked #4 by the wbo. I guess fury could have chosen a worst opponent for a stay busy fight till he waits for wlad
    Fury by KO/TKO
    81.82%
    Fury by Decision
    9.09%
    Hammer by KO/TKO
    9.09%
    Hammer by Decision
    0.00%
    Draw
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Fury is doing the next best thing and fighting good level opponents while Wlad decides on who to fight after the Jennings fiasco.

Comment

would've preferred him to face someone with more experience at world level. in all likelihood he won't get wlad until early 2016, so no use just treading water against made-to-order opponents for a year; he should continue to follow a steady learning curve and accumulate some more valuable experience and polish for when he does get his shot at wlad. he hasn't reached the peak of his abilities yet imo. it'd be a waste to stake everything on a premature title fight.

Comment

lol that would be embarrassing if true. Hammer is absolute gobshite. Let's not mess around.

He's a poor mans Chisora at best.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          lol that would be embarrassing if true. Hammer is absolute gobshite. Let's not mess around.

He's a poor mans Chisora at best.
          I really cant blame fury tho. any fight is risky when youre a mandatory for a title. hes just keeping busy and likely fighting wlad in the summer

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
            Hammer is MUCH smaller than Fury, in fact he could make cruiser weight if he tried.

As I expected, Tyson Fury will not be fighting a legit top HW nor a man closer to his own size like Ustinov or Browne.
            fighting a big tall heavyweight would be better preparation for wlad. guess they just didn't wanna take the risk

Comment

Christian Hammer?

Sounds like a pro wrestler.

Comment

I know he don't want too risk losing his spot but come on man stop fighting these small, rubbish and usually old as hell heavyweights.

Fight someone nearer your own size no wonder you're undefeated when you have a 6inch height, 8 inch reach and about 50lbs weight advantage on your side over most opponents and to top it, most of them are totally rubbish.

The guy talks all this rubbish how he'd K.O Wladimir, knock Povetkin spark out, rip Stivernes head off etc and he continually fights guys like Christian Hammer.
                Step up and fight a legit opponent and I don't mean a trilogy with Chisora. He was crap the first time you fought him nevermind the second time around and it got me how nobody could see he wasn't good.
                Kevin Johnson, Derek Chisora are nomore than gatekeepers arguably high end domestic level opposition.
                Last edited by dan_cov; 12-24-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I don't know why they don't get Wach or Ustinov or one of those stiffs over?

How's a bum like Christian Hammer supposed to prepare you for klitschko? Absolute joke if true.

Peter Fury said they were looking at a good solid top 15 contender. So hoping this is just a rumour. He also said they wanted to fight a 'modern' heavyweight i.e. big.

So Hammer doesn't really suit any of the criteria which makes doubt this rumour very much.

Comment

Would be an unpleasant surprise IMO, particularly given that Ustinov wouldn't be difficult to get

Comment

Working...
                    X