Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is George Groves back in world class level???????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry when was he world class?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Wanted to work on his left hook during a fight? You work on that stuff in camp...Not during a fight when it's a punch you're not good at and gets you countered by s limited Euro level fighter.

He's gotten worse with each fight since 'Paddy' took over training, I don't believe that's a coincidence.
      Of course. You can't always work on these things in camp. You try out many new things in these kind of fights. I think it actually made a lot of sense for him to work on that punch in this fight. Limited puncher, ok technique - let's Groves know what he needs to work on.

Ah, I'm not so sure. He's also stepped up hard in opposition level - and is coming from a brutal knockout defeat.

He was never going to look great.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Of course. You can't always work on these things in camp. You try out many new things in these kind of fights. I think it actually made a lot of sense for him to work on that punch in this fight. Limited puncher, ok technique - let's Groves know what he needs to work on.

Ah, I'm not so sure. He's also stepped up hard in opposition level - and is coming from a brutal knockout defeat.

He was never going to look great.
        I can't agree. You don't work on a punch you throw poorly in a pro fight, that stuff us done behind closed doors and you show the improvement in the fight...it has not improved. He has no power on it, leaves himself WIDE open when he throws it and it got him caught a number if times, against a Euro level fighter.

I just don't think the trainer is working. First fight against Froch he looked great but was still very much an Adam Booth product, second fight was all Fitzpatrick and he didn't look quite as good and got knocked cold, third fight he looked extremely sloppy against average opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          I can't agree. You don't work on a punch you throw poorly in a pro fight, that stuff us done behind closed doors and you show the improvement in the fight...it has not improved. He has no power on it, leaves himself WIDE open when he throws it and it got him caught a number if times, against a Euro level fighter.

I just don't think the trainer is working. First fight against Froch he looked great but was still very much an Adam Booth product, second fight was all Fitzpatrick and he didn't look quite as good and got knocked cold, third fight he looked extremely sloppy against average opposition.
          Well that's most certainly what happens. You can work on it as much as you want in the gym or in sparring, at some point or another you have to work on it in a fight - and if Groves, who's a top 5 rated fighter, can have a fight against a limited opponent, of course he's going to work on new things. No question about it.

Yeah, I agree that he didn't look that great yesterday, but he didn't look crap. I mean calm down a bit, he was just sloppy. Often fighters fight to their opponents level too, we've seen this many times in the past.

I think he looked fine and sharp in both Froch fights.

Comment

George Groves is world class without a doubt.

Comment

there can be no denying that Groves has a terrific jab, puts together good combinations, has above average power and exceptional speed. Sadly, it doesn't tie in with his fitness levels and stamina issues but his skills are definitely world class, along with attributes such as speed and power.

Comment

world class, aye?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I think he could possibly beat Abraham.

Dirrell would be a good fight.

His stamina and chin will always leave him vulnerable.
                  Not to mention his sloppy technique and awful defense.

Comment

I wouldn't rate George's stamina as one of his better attributes but I don't think its a real weak point either, the boys fit. He looks a lil ragged late as he marks up and his pasty skin turns pink lol, I think his stamina is fine. I don't rate his chin too highly though, it aint glass but its a bit weaker than u'd like

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Not to mention his sloppy technique and awful defense.
                      True, true.

He's a decent solid fighter but he's not too good really.

Comment

Working...
                      X