New Names Up For HOF Vote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Yeah, benn, eubank and Camacho would all get my vote
    Camacho belongs. First ballot? I try to reserve that for blow away obvious top three on the ballot guys. Again, I expect him to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      Camacho belongs. First ballot? I try to reserve that for blow away obvious top three on the ballot guys. Again, I expect him to get in.
      Who else is on the ballot?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Who else is on the ballot?
        Here was last year's list; everyone carried over except Mancini, Hamed and Bowe so these guys plus Camacho, Yuri, and Sot.

http://www.bwaa.us/2014/10/10/2015-i...fame-nominees/

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Genaro Hernandez was a better fighter than Gatti and Graziano

Im a fan of winners, and I actually boxed so I don't give kudos for taking beatings

Being in a fight of the year is great but its also the caliber of fighters in the fight that brings the significance

I love exciting fights but Its not fair to fighters who accomplished more in the ring, meaning titles and defenses, who are not in....to let someone one in because of " social significance and popularity"....its basically like you're saying they got in because they were exciting to watch and because of their race.

Should Mickey Ward be in the hall of fame??? IMO not enough weight is put on accomplishment and too much on popularity and "social significance"

Here is a short list of guys who were in exciting fights, but didn't have enough "popularity" and " social significance" but accomplished more and were better than McGuigan and Gatti.......

Look at fighters like Roger Mayweather, Rocky Lockridge, Cornelious Boza Edwards, doezens of Asian champions in the lower weights like Yuri, Mexican great Gilberto Roman, etc

Hernandez would beat Gatti and McGuigan if they wouldve fought...also Hernandez was lineal champion with several defenses and only lost to two hall of famers, ODLH and PBF

Honestly Ray Mancini getting in was BS in my book, he was a good fighter but very popular but guys in his era who were better and accomplished more wont get in like the guys I mentioned
          "Only lost to" gets trumped by "who did he beat" in my book. He doesn't have the resume IMO. And I was a big fan.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I think boxing would be better of sticking to the one.

Does anyone really count the others? I mean, sure the party looks nice and all, but I wouldn't consider myself a hall of famer if I was in the Nevada HOF or something like that.
            It is nothing like Nevada's Hall of Fame.

The WBHF has been around longer than the IBHOF and was considered one of the two (along with the IBHOF) legitimate international HOF's.

You know when people say Duran doesn't have a losing record against HOF'ers? That's because they include the WBHOF.

WBHOF is/was legit.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              It's like being in Ring's old Hall. It's cool but it's not a thing anymore. For better or worse, the IBHOF is it
              It's nothing alike to that.

It doesn't matter if they've stopped it now if you were inducted into the WBHOF you were considered a HOF'er that hasn't been deleted from history.

If a new HOF starts, GBHF The global boxing hall of fame and the IBHOF shuts down do all of the IBHOF'ers cease to exist?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                It is nothing like Nevada's Hall of Fame.

The WBHF has been around longer than the IBHOF and was considered one of the two (along with the IBHOF) legitimate international HOF's.

You know when people say Duran doesn't have a losing record against HOF'ers? That's because they include the WBHOF.

WBHOF is/was legit.
                Maybe a wild comparison, but was just to get the point across.

I honestly don't remember the last time someone quoted the WBHOF as a legit HOF to me. At least 5-6 years ago I even thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Maybe a wild comparison, but was just to get the point across.

I honestly don't remember the last time someone quoted the WBHOF as a legit HOF to me. At least 5-6 years ago I even thought about it.
                  Probably because they haven't had a Ballot in a few years.

Does that delete it's history?

If the IBHOF stops inducting donwe forget all their inductees?

WBHOF has existed before the IBHOF and was considered a legitimate international HOF for years, that doesn't change because it's no longer inducting.

If you're in the WBHOF you're a HOF'er.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Probably because they haven't had a Ballot in a few years.

Does that delete it's history?

If the IBHOF stops inducting donwe forget all their inductees?

WBHOF has existed before the IBHOF and was considered a legitimate international HOF for years, that doesn't change because it's no longer inducting.

If you're in the WBHOF you're a HOF'er.
                    I suppose you have a point.

Any specific fighters that you know of that are in the WBHOF and not in IBHOF or vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      Waiting for several years is actually a good idea. Wouldn't surprise me if we see someone like Broner, Ward or Pavlik on there with the current standards.
                      comparing ward to pavlik and broner is a bit ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                      X