Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is compelled to see Berto in mma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the fighter, not the style. Who knows what Berto could do.

That said, he makes far more money boxing than he would in MMA, so he would have no reason to switch over.

Comment

It's the fighter, not the style. Who knows what Berto could do.

That said, he makes far more money boxing than he would in MMA, so he would have no reason to switch over.

Comment

Speaking of fighting brothers,

Comment

Top is Yoan Pablos Hernandez and bottom is Yoel Romero. They are brothers from what I understand (despite having different last names. Half-brothers, perhaps.)

Comment

Yeah jiu jitsu, wrestling, submission wrestling and muay thai have proven to be important skills to learn for MMA.

Comment

I don't think Berto has the right kind of background to jump into the top levels of MMA, I know his family is full of martial artists, but I don't think there is a wrestling and/or jujitsu back ground that would be needed, at least enough to defend takedowns and submissions.

With that, I always wondered how Kermit Cintron would do In the MMA, He's got better boxing skills than pretty much anyone in the MMA. And apparently he was a really good wrestler growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post
                I don't think Berto has the right kind of background to jump into the top levels of MMA, I know his family is full of martial artists, but I don't think there is a wrestling and/or jujitsu back ground that would be needed, at least enough to defend takedowns and submissions.

With that, I always wondered how Kermit Cintron would do In the MMA, He's got better boxing skills than pretty much anyone in the MMA. And apparently he was a really good wrestler growing up.
                with no ropes to dive through, he may actually have to complete a fight :P

Comment

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post

I believe Mike Alvarado was a very accomplished wrestler too and teaches it in his free time. Hes another who'd be interesting to watch if he transitioned to MMA

Comment

I have a feeling its a bit easier to transition into MMA from the lower weight classes [bantamweight and below], if you're a boxer. a lot more reliant on footwork, cardio and TDD.

Comment

Working...
                    X