No announcement yet.

Broner more exciting than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner more exciting than Mayweather

No one is kidding themself, Floyd Mayweather is the biggest draw in boxing, and he's arguably the most skilled fighter in the game as well.

That said, let's face it, a lot of his fights are fairly boring. They aren't Rigondeaux boring, but boring nonetheless. I think, for the most part, this is product of his approach: Mayweather is super cautious and largely non-committal, always wanting to avoid putting himself in position to possibly be caught with a fight changing punch.

To his credit, it's worked, and it's hard to knock the guy who's getting 32 million dollars per fight. But, I suspect I'm not the only one's who found Mayweather's approach to be a little boring.

Ironically, Mayweather's protege, Adrian Broner, is quite the opposite. His stance and style have been compared to Mayweather's, but their approach is quite the opposite. While Mayweather uses a lot of movement and creates a lot of different angles, Broner is much more strait forward and aggressive.

As a result, Broner, in my opinion, is a much more exciting fighter to watch.
    Last edited by hitman smax; 06-06-2013, 03:02 AM.

The difference is Rigondeaux and Floyd showcase their skills against proven world class opposition who have big size advantages on them, Broner just walks down midgets half his size. Nothing impressive or exciting about that. May as well watch the guy work on a heavybag.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      The difference is Rigondeaux and Floyd showcase their skills against proven world class opposition who have big size advantages on them, Broner just walks down midgets half his size. Nothing impressive or exciting about that. May as well watch the guy work on a heavybag.
      exactly. i like broner but he needs to step up his fighter caliber with his mouth. mayweathis is the man. the creater of this article is a jealous hater.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
        That said, let's face it, a lot of his fights are fairly boring. They aren't Rigondeaux boring, but boring nonetheless.
        First off, if I'm watching a Rigondeaux, Mayweather, Hopkins or Ward fight, and see them putting on a clinic against world class opposition, making them look ordinary, I don't call that boring. Don't get me wrong we all love bangers like Lucas, Maidana and Rios, but there's something about watching the masters of their craft that rises up above brutality and aggression. It's an art!

Secondly, you need to educate yourself in boxing. Look at Mayweather at !30 and 135.. The guy was a buzzsaw. As he's aged and the guys outweigh him by 10-20 lbs he's had to make adjustments especially with his hands the way they are. Floyd's never weighed in over 150 on fight night, there's guys at 140 who would outweigh him even now!

Compare that to Broner who at 135 weighed in slightly over 150 against Rees, and you see a big difference. But the 130-135 lb Mayweather was not only more aggressive than Broner, he was infinitely more skilled and mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Exactly.

I like Broner but look who he's fighting.

Let's see him walk down Matthysse and fight toe to toe with him on the inside.

You can bet your savings than Broner would be on his bike in that fight.

Comment

I like watching both of them fight because they don't clinch, wrestle, or maul. They use speed and boxing skill and accurate fast clean punches to get the job done and they fight clean. I find fighters like Hatton,Mosley, Berto, Molina, Ward, and Hopkins who are often holding or mauling or holding and hitting to be boring and they slow down the action.The referee has to come in and pull these octopuses off the other fighter. I like to watch Mayweather more than Broner because he is the master and Broner is not at his level. Broner seems to hit harder and go for the KO more. I like watching both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I like watching both of them fight because they don't clinch, wrestle, or maul. They use speed and boxing skill and accurate fast clean punches to get the job done and they fight clean. I find fighters like Hatton,Mosley, Berto, Molina, Ward, and Hopkins who are often holding or mauling or holding and hitting to be boring and they slow down the action.The referee has to come in and pull these octopuses off the other fighter. I like to watch Mayweather more than Broner because he is the master and Broner is not at his level. Broner seems to hit harder and go for the KO more. I like watching both of them.
              WHAT? Mayweather clinches a lot. I'm not knocking it - it's a legitimate defensive tactic. He doesn't clinch as much as Ward or Klitschko, who both clinch way too much and consequently their fights are bore fests. Nevertheless, Mayweather does clinch.

Comment

Broner is 23. The big fights are coming. You now guys who aren't ahead of your time post the same coward **** every day. Don't you get sick of that because I have gotten to the point that every time I read the first few words of your post...I realize that you are mad and want to get Broner's fans mad, so I skip the rest of your post. That means that in your mind you've succeeded, and in my mind you're just a terrible poster.

You guys act like he seeks out these so called midgets that you're talking about. You just want to get on record that you don't like Broner. Cool. Your personal opinion of Broner as far as the Rios comments and so called purse snatching is your right, lmao! I speak for all of the good posters who have to read your daily garbage. Your posts are garbaaaaaaage.

With that said, both are exciting.

Comment

excitement: Broner >>> Floyd
                  talent: Floyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broner
                  ringsmart: Floyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broner
                  skills: Floyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broner

For me watching Floyd, Rigo or Ward is just as exciting as watching Pacquiao, Mares or Martinez cause "real" boxing is about skills and not "excitement"!

Comment

Let's see how 'exciting' Broner is at age 36, if he's even still relevant in the sport by that time.

This is Floyd at age 23

Comment

Working...
                    X