Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes vs Tim Witherspoon...Who Won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Holmes vs Tim Witherspoon...Who Won?

This was voted one of the "Most Controversial Decisions Of All Time" in Boxing Monthly magazine.

This is a good fight to watch, round 9 is a very exciting, legendary round...very close fight. How do you guys score it, or who do you believe won? Were there many other disputed or very close decisions in Larry's career before his losses to Spinks and Tyson?

Here is the Round of the Year from this fight, Witherspoon vs Holmes Round 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ugYP9Q6bA

Don King won....before and after Witherspoons career was over ,sucked the guy dry.

Comment

I got this fight on dvd but haven't watched it in years.. Gonna have to revisit it this week...

I always felt it was super close and could have gone either way..Holmes seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on all the swing rds

Comment

Fight was very close but hardly one of the most controversial decisions of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
          This was voted one of the "Most Controversial Decisions Of All Time" in Boxing Monthly magazine.

This is a good fight to watch, round 9 is a very exciting, legendary round...very close fight. How do you guys score it, or who do you believe won? Were there many other disputed or very close decisions in Larry's career before his losses to Spinks and Tyson?

That is a fight never saw. The round looked good. I would score the round for Withers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            I got this fight on dvd but haven't watched it in years.. Gonna have to revisit it this week...

I always felt it was super close and could have gone either way..Holmes seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on all the swing rds
            As he should've as champ and also should've gotten against Spinks.

Comment

Holmes

Holmes wins the decision after i watched it again, and I agree he should have been given the Decision over Spinks, I don't even consider Spinks a HW anyway at all.

Put spinks up against Sam Langford, the Winner deserves to be considered a fringe HW at best, then go from there, let the Winner fight TOmmy Morrison, then if the winner of the 1st fight beat Morrison, which i say no way in heck, but if a miracle happens, then he can fight Sonny Liston, and no way he would beat him either.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post

I had the spoon up by a round. carl williams also was a very very close fight. as great as holmes was he did struggle in alot of his defenses

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                  I had the spoon up by a round. carl williams also was a very very close fight. as great as holmes was he did struggle in alot of his defenses
                  He never gave rematches either.

Comment

Very close fight but I scored it for Holmes.

Comment

Working...
                    X